Sign in to follow this  
AWACS

My Computer Turns on the off then on again at startup?

Anyone know anything about this? It seems like maybe the mobo is checking the overclocking to ensure stability, that's just my guess.So again what it does is, I press the power button and it turns on for about 5-8 seconds, then turns off for a few seconds, and then back on at which time it boots up. My specs are below.Thanks.

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Anyone know anything about this? It seems like maybe the mobo is checking the overclocking to ensure stability, that's just my guess.So again what it does is, I press the power button and it turns on for about 5-8 seconds, then turns off for a few seconds, and then back on at which time it boots up. My specs are below.Thanks.
If you have an overclock try adding a little more cpu voltage. I had the same problem.

Ahh, you've come to the right place.In BIOS, enable Activate by PCIE in APM settings.Try this first... if it doesn't help, we'll see further.Btw. how's Prime95/Linx stability at 4.4Ghz, did you test?

Also to add that I had this problem when I used the auto overclocker tool and it leads to this problem for some reason. I fixed mine by just adding a little vcore or cpu voltage

Never, ever use an auto overclocker. It sets way too high CPU vcore, and P8P67 Pro doesn't like non-auto settings on some overclocking functions. Also LLC on PRO is very sensitive, for instance using Regular here I think with Offset. I recommend after 1001 tests to leave some on auto... but hey, I'm doing watercooling and 5Ghz, so a little different league. But nevertheless...

Agree with the never use the auto clocker tool. Its pretty much fail. I don't know if I can agree with the high cpu voltage but it does set a cpu voltage that is wrong for sure.Jeff, tell us what your bios settings are especially your CPU voltage(vcore).

Vcore is rarely going to be a cause of double post. If vcore is wrong, it can be too low: post but no boot on p67, since the system overclocks only on boot. Post is always at default 3.4 ghz. If too high: only too high temps. System will work normally.

Vcore is rarely going to be a cause of double post. If vcore is wrong, it can be too low: post but no boot on p67, since the system overclocks only on boot. Post is always at default 3.4 ghz. If too high: only too high temps. System will work normally.
Hi all, thanks for the responses, I have my cpu voltage set to 1.12 which is probably a little low, how would 1.2 sound?

Jeff

How did you OC to 4.4 Jeff? manual or offset Vcore?What's your LLC set to? is 1.12V what you set in your BIOS? Seems way too low for 4.4GHz, even 1.2 is too little juice for those clocks. Try 1.3 with LLC set to High or Ultra High

Talk about talking too soon. I woke up today suffering from the problem. I thought it was CPU voltage because a week ago I tried 1.3 and booted without bios and then shuts off and boots with bios and 1.305 didn't do this and I even went a week strong without the problem. My only other idea about this would be ram. I first noticed this problem when I changed the ram to 1600 from the reduced 1333.I honestly think there is a flaw in the chipsetI tried Word Not Allowed's recommended setting above and it seems to work. 1 restart was fine and one cold boot was fine too.Maybe I was wrong about the cpu voltage

Guys, no disrespect, I went through this whole ordeal for the last 2 months. Exchanged the board once, talked to shop, took my PC completely apart and put it together again, wrote about 20 mails with Asus back and forth, they called me back to discuss the problem...In the end, the problem has not been really located, but seems to be gone.A very long story short: I think it was one of the PCI cards not seated properly, causing a problem withe some USB devices or so, although everything was working properly in windows.All USB devices and everything is currently connected and working great. No double posts.I have that function activated, but because of Wake On Lan function, to turn my PC on from my iPhone (it's quite cool, turn on if I need something, access it with Teamviewer, and then shut down, all while being away).It's not RAM (I exchanged RAM too, twice), it's not CPU (also exchanged once) and it's probably not GPU.Since two weeks now I have not experienced double post or no boot.Asus ment it is something with memory access, probably many devices I have (about 15 USB devices connected) and then something gets crossed. So I tend to connect them one after another in windows when I disconnect them once.And it has never been a problem with Vcore, if you read some overclockers forums, and there are many long threads on double posts, you will see that people have double posts with stock too. Same happened to me too.There IS a flaw in the chipset or the mainboard itself.Oh well. Let's hope that's it.

I'm happy to report that changing my voltage to 1.30 and setting the LLC to Auto resolved this issue. Thanks again for your help folks.

Jeff

I'm happy to report that changing my voltage to 1.30 and setting the LLC to Auto resolved this issue. Thanks again for your help folks.
Give it a little time, about 2 weeks to report a resolved issue on this one. I thought it has been resolved about 10 times...