Sign in to follow this  
N1G

Adding KSEA 3rd Runway

Hi,I have found a couple of bgls that may work but was wondering if anyone had a recommendation on a file for the 3rd runway that works with UTX/GEX. RegardsBob

Someone might have an "AFCAD"-type file for it already. I'd check on all of the FS sites for one. If you don't find one you can use a freeware program like Airport Design Editor to add it in.

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

I have found a couple of bgls that may work but was wondering if anyone had a recommendation on a file for the 3rd runway that works with UTX/GEX.
Some times, some one needs to be the first to try things and then report back.Make a new scenery folder/layer for KSEA 3 runways, put it at the top of the scenery library and see how things look. Report back with your findings. If things are messed it, since the BGL is in it's own folder and scenery layer it is an easy task to "clean up" things.IIRC, Al Wheeler did a 3 runway setup for KSEA. That might be your best bet for a good solution. Al does good work, though mostly in Central California.

Some times, some one needs to be the first to try things and then report back.Make a new scenery folder/layer for KSEA 3 runways, put it at the top of the scenery library and see how things look. Report back with your findings. If things are messed it, since the BGL is in it's own folder and scenery layer it is an easy task to "clean up" things.IIRC, Al Wheeler did a 3 runway setup for KSEA. That might be your best bet for a good solution. Al does good work, though mostly in Central California.
I'm sure I saw one in the library not long ago...K

The afcads which I highly recommend were created by Jim Vile -As far as I know they are only available at http://www.scruffyduckscenery.co.uk/Look in the download center under FSX airports.This afcad adds the new runway with appropriate texture around it.I use the FS2004 one he created for KSEA on my FS2004 setup - but as stated there is an FSX version also.Hope that helps.

Al Wheeler posted a new SEATAC bgl with the third runway, included in the package are KPAE, KRNT and KBI updates. Search the Avsim library for file name "seafsxms.zip" by Al Wheeler

Thanks All, I will check out both of the offerings and post back,RegardsBobHi,I looked at this but it is designed for MegaSceneryEarth. Bob

Al Wheeler posted a new SEATAC bgl with the third runway, included in the package are KPAE, KRNT and KBI updates. Search the Avsim library for file name "seafsxms.zip" by Al Wheeler

I think I have the best solution of all. Buy ORBX's PNW and not only will you have the third runway you will enhance the area beyond words.

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I think I have the best solution of all. Buy ORBX's PNW and not only will you have the third runway you will enhance the area beyond words.
+1

Hi,Yep, I know and I do own it but I cannot run that scenery at the density levels that I would like so I use UTX/GEX. ThanksBob