Sign in to follow this  
Opa

Tom - Regarding Nominations

Hi -IMHO it would be really helpful if one of the "staff" could put together a list of previous years award winners in the various categories and make it available - perhaps as a download.Many of us cannot attend the Fancon function and have no idea who has been honored in the past.Having this info available might help as we ponder who to nominate and who to vote for when the time for voting comes.Just a thought.

Dave,Am overseas, so I have asked our staff to look into it. I am sure that there is a history to show.

Hi -IMHO it would be really helpful if one of the "staff" could put together a list of previous years award winners in the various categories and make it available - perhaps as a download.Many of us cannot attend the Fancon function and have no idea who has been honored in the past.Having this info available might help as we ponder who to nominate and who to vote for when the time for voting comes.Just a thought.
2007 Conference :Party: BZ AwardsBest Commercial Aircraft - Level D 767Best GA Aircraft - Real Air Taildragger CollectionBest Scenery - Aerosoft German Airports 2Best Utility - HiFi Sim Active Sky XBest Freeware - SimshedBest Hardware (Tie) - Track IR 4 Pro & Matrox Triple Head 2 GoSpecial Achievement - Peter Dowson FSUIPCPeople's Choice AwardFreeware Aircraft - iFly 747-400Freeware Scenery - Glacier Bay V2Freeware Utility - GDI and Radar GuageFreeware Other - The History of Flight Sim book by Jos GruppingCommercial Aircraft - PMDG 747-400Commercial Utility - Radar Contact V4.3Commercial Scenery - Fly Tampa St Maarten

2007 was the last year this happened?

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

No one knows?? LOLIf 2007 was the last year this happened, that leaves a great deal of FS addons in both freeware and payware that will be 'excluded' because of 2008-2010 not being included as part of the eligible addons. Wouldn't it be fair to make an exception so that they can be included? After all, it's through no fault of their own that they were released during that time frame.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

No one knows?? LOLIf 2007 was the last year this happened, that leaves a great deal of FS addons in both freeware and payware that will be 'excluded' because of 2008-2010 not being included as part of the eligible addons. Wouldn't it be fair to make an exception so that they can be included? After all, it's through no fault of their own that they were released during that time frame.
I agree. Even though we didn't have a FANCON those years due to the economy, I still kept track of the BZ nominees from 2008-2010. I can post a list on the Front Page so the readers can recall who the top developers and their titles were.