Sign in to follow this  
captainklm

Vatsim with pmdg or other great add ons

Hi,I use squawkbox 4 to connect to vatsim. BUt Im having so much trouble. Partly cause the pmdg 747 wont work with it. Now I cant connect. Can someone tell me there techniques on how to connect. I already went to the vatsim forums and they have not replied yet. What I do is load up the plane into fs and then connect externally. It works but then freezes and then I have to shut it down with task maneger

Guest dlrk

The aircraft has nothing to do with it.

There is a known bug regarding SB and PMDG 747 but i dont think this is the case.The bug is that most of the times, you dont have the needles of the VORs appearing in the PFD....FSINN works great...

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Elias Stassinos - Author of PTTBuddy - Automatic volume control while you fly / play /stream
My FS Photos - My MSFS Settings - i7-8700K / 32GB RAM / Gigabyte 3070 8GB OC / 1440p

You should troubleshoot your connection issues a bit deeper before you start blaming payware addon aircraft.

You should troubleshoot your connection issues a bit deeper before you start blaming payware addon aircraft.
Gents,I have been using the 744 with SB4 since it was in beta and other than the SB4 known issues the 744 works fine.

thanks everyone,Yes I went to the SB forums and they said it was SB. Could my internet connection be the problem. I currently have 10gigabits but will upgrade to 160gigabits in a month. Would that help?

Do you have power on the aircraft ?? SB4 will do nothing if the aircraft is not powered up. I use SB4, and the PMDG744 and have been for along time, no probs at all

I use FSInn... it's a pain to set up (it's a beta that they abandoned development on several years ago), but it's good once you have it working.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Do you have power on the aircraft ?? SB4 will do nothing if the aircraft is not powered up. I use SB4, and the PMDG744 and have been for along time, no probs at all
Yes I either have apu or engines
I use FSInn... it's a pain to set up (it's a beta that they abandoned development on several years ago), but it's good once you have it working.
I originally tried to download fsinn but did not go so well so I went for SB.

Did you open SB4 outside FSX ? using the icon rather then FSX's menu ??

Did you open SB4 outside FSX ? using the icon rather then FSX's menu ??
outside from the desktop