Sign in to follow this  
captainklm

Vatsim with pmdg or other great add ons

I use FSInn... it's a pain to set up (it's a beta that they abandoned development on several years ago), but it's good once you have it working.
I hear people keep saying how much of a pain it is to set up, but for me it was very logical and straight forward. If youre able to fly a complex plane like the B744 then you shouldnt have any sort of issues with installing FSInn. There are guides that describes the process in FSInns subforum on the vatsim forums

Fsinn is not that good on FSX in my opinion to use on Vatsim. There's a well known bug that brings outside temperatures at unreal values when you are somewhat over 20,000 feet (have you ever seen +20 Celsius at that height?).This causes your plane to behave unrealistically with never ending climbs and poor speed performance.To avoid this you have to use other weather than the one of Vatsim making (at least to me) annoying to use.I personally abandoned fsinn and started to use SB4 ever since. No pain and everything smooth like silk.

Yes
What's the error SB4 is giving you. Sounds like it may not have an updated server list. Also have you tried to reinstall it ensuring you running installer as Admin. Also, what version of FSUIPC are you running?

Guest dlrk
Fsinn is not that good on FSX in my opinion to use on Vatsim. There's a well known bug that brings outside temperatures at unreal values when you are somewhat over 20,000 feet (have you ever seen +20 Celsius at that height?).This causes your plane to behave unrealistically with never ending climbs and poor speed performance.To avoid this you have to use other weather than the one of Vatsim making (at least to me) annoying to use.I personally abandoned fsinn and started to use SB4 ever since. No pain and everything smooth like silk.
Just don't use FSInn weather.

What's the error SB4 is giving you. Sounds like it may not have an updated server list. Also have you tried to reinstall it ensuring you running installer as Admin. Also, what version of FSUIPC are you running?
The error is that it freezes my fsx, should I start SB4 before I go into the game? Thats what I did last time. Also my software, vista 64 is screwed up a bit and I can`t find the disk to fix it. Could this be the problem? I was thinking about upgrading to W7

Give FSInn a try. You'll get some great support through the VATSIM forum.

The error is that it freezes my fsx, should I start SB4 before I go into the game? Thats what I did last time. Also my software, vista 64 is screwed up a bit and I can`t find the disk to fix it. Could this be the problem? I was thinking about upgrading to W7
I start SB4 inside of FSX. If you're having OS issues I suggest fixing that first and then coming back here if your still having SB4 problems.

Give FSInn a try. You'll get some great support through the VATSIM forum.
Yeah that is what I thought, but I really don't know how to. Also should I remove SB?

Yeah that is what I thought, but I really don't know how to. Also should I remove SB?
Joe,If you have an old PC or Laptop laying around, network it to your main PC to run SB or FSINN.I do that with all my external programs including Active sky, TOPCAT etc. It seems to solve a lot of conflict problems and leaves your main machine clean and able to focus on just running FS. Not sure what the prices are like for you in Japan but here in the UK I can pick up a second hand basic desktop for £40

Rob Prest

Joe,If you have an old PC or Laptop laying around, network it to your main PC to run SB or FSINN.I do that with all my external programs including Active sky, TOPCAT etc. It seems to solve a lot of conflict problems and leaves your main machine clean and able to focus on just running FS. Not sure what the prices are like for you in Japan but here in the UK I can pick up a second hand basic desktop for £40
Yeah I have a peace of crap laying in my room. That laptop sucks but anything to make vatsim work. Do you recommend I delete everything on it? Thanks dude, I really appreciate it

FSINN wasn't designed around it's weather generation. They just threw that in there.It's disabled on my end, because I use Active Sky.You can use REX Wx, default FSX/FS9 Wx...anything is better then FSINN weather. No wonder you had issues with temps.