Sign in to follow this  
Guest Greatdragon

Altitude Alerter

Guest Greatdragon

Hidee hodee everybodee,Has anyone been able to resolve the challenge (no such things as problems) of getting sound out of the great gauge by a real gentleman Mr.Glenn Copeland called Altitude Alerter. I have tried all areas of the forums search etc., and I have redirected the sound file.ini to every possible variation to my limited knowledge. Gauge does the amber flash,flash,flash but no sound. Any thoughts or solutions.God Bless,Rusty aka greatdragon

Hidee hodee everybodee,Has anyone been able to resolve the challenge (no such things as problems) of getting sound out of the great gauge by a real gentleman Mr.Glenn Copeland called Altitude Alerter. I have tried all areas of the forums search etc., and I have redirected the sound file.ini to every possible variation to my limited knowledge. Gauge does the amber flash,flash,flash but no sound. Any thoughts or solutions.God Bless,Rusty aka greatdragon
Somehow I suspect you must have missed or misinterpreted a step in the installation procedure.I just installed it on the default Lear45 as per Glenn's instructions and it worked perfectly.There is no need to move the ini file anywhere - the entire folder named AltAlerterGau_2 goes into your default gauges folder as does the file named AltAlert_dsd_xml_sound3.gau.Then adding the two lines to the panel.cfg as Glen directs should make it all work.Edit added: I used the Copy and Paste method for the two lines which are added to the panel.cfg so I was sure there would be no critical typo's.Hope that helps.

Guest Greatdragon
Somehow I suspect you must have missed or misinterpreted a step in the installation procedure.I just installed it on the default Lear45 as per Glenn's instructions and it worked perfectly.There is no need to move the ini file anywhere - the entire folder named AltAlerterGau_2 goes into your default gauges folder as does the file named AltAlert_dsd_xml_sound3.gau.Then adding the two lines to the panel.cfg as Glen directs should make it all work.Edit added: I used the Copy and Paste method for the two lines which are added to the panel.cfg so I was sure there would be no critical typo's.Hope that helps.
Dear OPA,Nice to see you back. Did you have a good few days break? Now to my challenge. After reading your post I went into the files and did an install "by the numbers" in the default Lear as you explained. I also did a reinstall again by the numbers watching everything Glenn had instructed on my fav bird. I also went back over the search posts that I had found where Glenn had said that it was possible the gauge couldn't find the sound file so try redirecting it.All of that done I am at the point of amber flash-flash-flash at specified altitudes but no sound alert at all. Did a completely clean install on Cessna. No go!I have FS9\gauges\AltAlerterGau_2\AltAlert_sound.ini AltitudeAlerter 1.wav AltitudeAlerter 2.xml AltitudeAlerter_bg2.bmp AltAlert_dsd_xml_sound3.gau. is inside the gauges folder. So now, as you had immediate success I am in dilemma. Any thoughts?Yours in SimmingGod Bless, Rusty aka greatdragon

both the .ini and .gau files should be in the same folder. And, you should have in your panel.cfg a gauge reference pointing to it.For example I have in my panel.cfggauge67=dsd_xml_sound3!dsd_xml_sound3, 2,2,5,5,.\Aircraft\DMFS Shared Files\Vickers VC10and in the Aircraft\DMFS Shared Files\Vickers VC10 folderDM_VC10_sound.inidsd_xml_sound3.gaualso look in your sound.ini file and check whether the sound is in there and correctly listed.you should have a list of .wav filesfollowed by their LVars

[sounds]Sound24=./Aircraft/DMFS Shared Files/Vickers VC10 Panel/BAsafetyx.wav[LVars]Lvar24=Sound_BAsafety

The LVar appears in your xml gauge.check that the max sound number has not been exceeded. If so change it!!!!vololiberista

Guest Greatdragon

vololiberista,Many thanks for your input. However, I have checked and double checked and tripled checked that the sequences, .ini lines, folders and contents are as the authour of the gauge intended. Alas no sound. I followed your folder info (to suit my install) and it all checks out . Still no sound.My sound for this gauge reads:[Config]MaxSounds=1ErrorFlag= 0LvarStop=dsd_stop_sounds[LVars]Lvar00=AltAlert_PlaySound[sounds]Sound00=./Gauges/AltAlerterGau_2/AltitudeAlerter1.wav, 100Thank you anyway for your thoughts.God Bless,Rusty aka greatdragon.