Sign in to follow this  
Guest TBM930

For those Impatient about the 737NGX Release

Guest TBM930

For those Impatient about the 737NGX Release, the CRJ-200 has just been released for X-plane! CRJ-200 . This is not a paid advertisement but from a user of both FSX and X-plane longing for a PMDG similar quality airplane in X-Plane. It seems the day has finally arrived!

Guest TBM930
Ugh.X-Plane. More like poor X-cuse of a flight sim. dry.gif
Say what you want but it is a lot smoother than FSX and great to practice VOR interceptions and approaches for that matter. All it's missing is more detailed airports and more contributions from 3rd party developers. It does not have all the bells and whistles that FSX has but X-plane 10 is going to be a serious contender to Microsoft Flight!

Say what you want but it is a lot smoother than FSX and great to practice VOR interceptions and approaches for that matter.
Well I dunno, I get 40 frames with all sliders set on max....so it can't be smoother then that whilst having addon scenery.
It does not have all the bells and whistles that FSX has but X-plane 10 is going to be a serious contender to Microsoft Flight!
I doubt that.

That plane makes me almost want to buy X-Plane, I dunno though, Digital aviation will have thier CRJ come out in a few months and their Fokker was great [bar the VC thingy but this one has a VC]

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

I paid $4400 for a new computer just for the 737NGX as I saw how the 747 crashed on my old computer. For now I am enjoying the PDMG 747 on the new computer. It run like a charm and I was never able to fly it without the damn "out of memory crash" - (damn Vista 32).It sooo cool doing the JFK VOR 13L approach in a 747 with 100 fps -smooth as my baby's a@@.

Paul Gugliotta

I paid $4400 for a new computer just for the 737NGX as I saw how the 747 crashed on my old computer. For now I am enjoying the PDMG 747 on the new computer. It run like a charm and I was never able to fly it without the damn "out of memory crash" - (damn Vista 32).It sooo cool doing the JFK VOR 13L approach in a 747 with 100 fps -smooth as my baby's a@@.
Could you please post your specs here? Thank you in advantage! :)

I paid $4400 for a new computer ...
What the heck did you buy for $4400? That seems rather excessive considering you can build something pretty awesome for a lot less.Sean Campbell

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

@paulyg123Be very nice to see your spec mate I'm curious to what you spent $4,400 on.

Hmm, I thought 3k was a lot, then again I didn't just build it for fsx. I'm now busy imagining what I could do with the other 1400, probably one of those triplehead things & another monitorThat being said, as long as you're happy with what you've got you didn't pay too much.

Hmm, I thought 3k was a lot, then again I didn't just build it for fsx. I'm now busy imagining what I could do with the other 1400, probably one of those triplehead things & another monitorThat being said, as long as you're happy with what you've got you didn't pay too much.
If you've got more money than sense you can always hop across to Dell and see how much they charge for the top of the line Alienware...one I had built cost £7200! I never actually bought it though...I just built it on their site out of interest to see how much it would cost...the one I am looking at realisticly is about £2000 and it should do an awesome job!

Anthony Milner

Just reading what you guys are saying about building new rigs for FSX, I built my own aswell with i7 extreme processor and good graphics cards etc and I was quite shocked at how little improvement there was. After reading lots of forums I realised that FSX works on an old architecture which needs all the right tweaks and settings in order to get any decent performance. After lots of tweaking and frustration I managed to get my PMDG 747 to run at a good FPS and I hope the same goes for the NGX when it is released :D. With all of the time spent developing even better and more complex aircraft by the good guys at PMDG, I just wish FSX was as modern to help them along!

If you've got more money than sense you can always hop across to Dell and see how much they charge for the top of the line Alienware...one I had built cost £7200! I never actually bought it though...I just built it on their site out of interest to see how much it would cost...the one I am looking at realisticly is about £2000 and it should do an awesome job!
Alienware isn't worth what they charge.Every since they were bought by Dell it's been downhill.All you're buying is a fancy box that lights up with LEDs.

All it's missing is more detailed airports and more contributions from 3rd party developers.
And ATC, and AI traffic, and scenery details at 95% of airports lol

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |