Sign in to follow this  
lykon

prepar 3d

Hello ******* i just want to make a short question. Today i have installed the prepar 3d and i have try to run the utility you have post in net " http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.html " but after i load the prepar3d.cfg and i have pressed the " click here to begin " button it has opened a web page telling me this file is not a fsx.cfg file. I have renamed to fsx.cfgand rerun the utility again but i am getting the same error. Any ideas? Many thanks in advance.

I thought Prepar3D was strictly a commercial product and not for retail.Did I miss something?

CXA001-1.jpg

VATSIM: P2 | I1

You can subscribe for $10 a month or purchase a one-time license, what for around $450?

You can subscribe for $10 a month or purchase a one-time license, what for around $450?
Jim, while there is no system mechanism to prevent the sale of Prepar3D to a non developer, it is still a violation of it's EULA to do so. This is a post from Tim (Beatle) from an earlier post on the subject.
Oops, thought I was answering this on FSDeveloper (where I was before I came here :->), so meant that answer to be more targeted at developers - as in we would sell a copy or a subscription to any one who wants to take a look to see if they want to develop for/support the product.Yes, Prepar3d is licensed for commerical/educational use only, and the price would tend to enforce that on its own (although it's a lower price than ESP was being offered at originally). I imagine there will be some fringe cases though, like developing your own multi-channel cockpit mockup (which would kinda stradle that commercial/pro-sumer line) where features in Prepar3d might come in useful (like multi-channel support, support for more buttons/axis on joystick/input devices, etc). I don't think we have any sort of system in place to verify commercial use intent though.
So I don't think it's a good idea for any non developer, that had managed to purchase it to say so publicly!!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Tom,We had a whole thread about this awhile back and many have purchased 3d.From LM:"Developer Network ProgramAnyone can join the Prepar3D® Developer Network Program. No matter if you are a seasoned developer, or just starting out, we want to encourage you to develop for Prepar3D®.Get 2 copies of Prepar3D® for $9.95 per month.You will get two full copies of the Prepar3D® client and the software development kit (SDK) from Lockheed Martin so that you can develop and integrate your applications!*�The Prepar3D® Developer Network Program is designed to provide an ecosystem with the technical, marketing and sales tools and resources needed to develop “Prepar3D® Compatible” offerings.The program is also open to any individual or business who is interested in using Prepar3D® to develop applications and add-ons. They can register to become a member of the Prepar3D® developer network community and gain access to additional development tools and resources.PriceUS$9.95 per month per seatWhy Join?By becoming part of the program, developers can employ a rich set of resources enabling you to:Develop complementary product offerings ranging from missions, vehicles, application add-ons and so on.Integrate Prepar3D® into a solution for deploymentAccess additional software resources, such as add-ons for lab, development and marketing useRegistered Developer (US$9.95 per month per seat)Registered Developers can take advantage of baseline benefits to help support their development, testing and marketing efforts.Two (2) Prepar3D Licenses (for set up of distributed simulation and/or multi-channel (perspective correction requires EasyBlend™ license))Prepar3D® Software Development Kit (SDK) [Distributed for free at Prepar3D.com]* Note that development licenses are for internal development use only. Deployed systems will require a full commercial license."

Tom,We had a whole thread about this awhile back and many have purchased 3d.From LM:"Developer Network ProgramAnyone can join the Prepar3D® Developer Network Program. No matter if you are a seasoned developer, or just starting out, we want to encourage you to develop for Prepar3D®.Get 2 copies of Prepar3D® for $9.95 per month.You will get two full copies of the Prepar3D® client and the software development kit (SDK) from Lockheed Martin so that you can develop and integrate your applications!*�The Prepar3D® Developer Network Program is designed to provide an ecosystem with the technical, marketing and sales tools and resources needed to develop “Prepar3D® Compatible” offerings.The program is also open to any individual or business who is interested in using Prepar3D® to develop applications and add-ons. They can register to become a member of the Prepar3D® developer network community and gain access to additional development tools and resources.PriceUS$9.95 per month per seatWhy Join?By becoming part of the program, developers can employ a rich set of resources enabling you to:Develop complementary product offerings ranging from missions, vehicles, application add-ons and so on.Integrate Prepar3D® into a solution for deploymentAccess additional software resources, such as add-ons for lab, development and marketing useRegistered Developer (US$9.95 per month per seat)Registered Developers can take advantage of baseline benefits to help support their development, testing and marketing efforts.Two (2) Prepar3D Licenses (for set up of distributed simulation and/or multi-channel (perspective correction requires EasyBlend™ license))Prepar3D® Software Development Kit (SDK) [Distributed for free at Prepar3D.com]* Note that development licenses are for internal development use only. Deployed systems will require a full commercial license."
I don't know, Jim, what's posted seems to re-enforce what Beatle posted! It has developer written all over it. No where does it say it's ok for the general public who just want to utilize the program. It's meant for those who wants to develop for it. Of course someone can always say they are looking into developing for it, but you know as well as I, there as those that just want it to (hopefully) improve their FS experience and have no intention of developing for it. For them they are violating the spirit of the EULA.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Tom,I am not disagreeing with you, but LM says: "Anyone can join the Prepar3D® Developer Network Program."And from that lengthly thread a few months ago I know many are forking over their $9.95 per month!

I am not disagreeing with you, but LM says: "Anyone can join the Prepar3D® Developer Network Program."
Correct. There is no way that LM would be able to dispute anyones intent to develop just as Microsoft cannot prevent anyone from joining MSDN and Apple for the iPhone/iPod/iPad developer network. I think people tend to get hung up a bit too much on trying to put restrictions and definitions on things that don't exist. If LM says in their own words that "Anyone can join the Prepar3D Developer Network Program." Then that is what they say and that is the way it is. tongue.gif

Correct. There is no way that LM would be able to dispute anyones intent to develop just as Microsoft cannot prevent anyone from joining MSDN and Apple for the iPhone/iPod/iPad developer network. I think people tend to get hung up a bit too much on trying to put restrictions and definitions on things that don't exist. If LM says in their own words that "Anyone can join the Prepar3D Developer Network Program." Then that is what they say and that is the way it is. tongue.gif
+1

supporter.jpg

Click on the 'details' links on this page and see for yourself:http://www.prepar3d.com/prepar3d-marketplace-store/You can see there is a lot more to the more expensive option, largely aimed at people who really want to develop for it rather than have a fancy copy of FSX for a tenner a month.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

What does the Retail License @ $499.00 allow you to do then?
The "retail license" is actually geared towards the end user (customer) of any developer's application. It is not necessary for developers at all.For example, as a developer I can use my $9.95/mo developer's licensed version to create a "Tank Simulator," which I am then free to license to interested customers. Each customer would have to purchase their own "retail licensed" copy of Prepar3D, and also purchase my "Tank Simulator" solution.Obviously, if the customer already has a "retail licensed copy" available, then they'd only need to buy a license for "Tank Simulator." If later on someone releases a "Submarine Simulator" solution, they could add that in as well, without having to get a new "retail license" for Prepar3D.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

As an addition to what Bill said above, one thing you can do with Lockheed Martin's Prepar3d, which wasn't allowed with Microsoft's ESP, is the Solution Provider can purchase the seat licenses for its clients and include the cost in the total solution cost (very important if you are providing a complete hardware/software package to your clients).Tim

The "retail license" is actually geared towards the end user (customer) of any developer's application. It is not necessary for developers at all.For example, as a developer I can use my $9.95/mo developer's licensed version to create a "Tank Simulator," which I am then free to license to interested customers. Each customer would have to purchase their own "retail licensed" copy of Prepar3D, and also purchase my "Tank Simulator" solution.Obviously, if the customer already has a "retail licensed copy" available, then they'd only need to buy a license for "Tank Simulator." If later on someone releases a "Submarine Simulator" solution, they could add that in as well, without having to get a new "retail license" for Prepar3D.
Thanks Bill. So I could purchase a licensed copy and then charge people to fly my simulator, right?

Keith Sandford.

So I could purchase a licensed copy and then charge people to fly my simulator, right?
Sure, that sounds like a valid commerical use to me. You see these sorts of setups at county fairs and trade shows, etc that have a module on a motion platform simulating roller coasters and whatnot, doing something similar that simulated an airplane using P3D would be a valid commercial use.Tim