Sign in to follow this  
AWACS

Kosta, do i need to apply your FFTF=0 Tweak?

I was wondering if i'm going to get even more performance out of my pretty well tuned FSX on my new CPU. I've used *******' FSX.cfg tweaking tool, and I am wondering if I need to set FFTF=0 now for even more performance? I've attached my FSX.CFG as well, if anyone wanted to look at it.Thanks

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Hi Jeff,Interesting you ask.I've been doing lots of tests on different settings since I got the SB to see how it performs, also FFTF=0.Let me put it like this:If you are managing to get a steady locked framerate and NOT a drop below it (when FFTF=0 in place), then it's definitely worth using it.Right now, I've settled on using ONLY FFTF=0 and HIGHMEM fix in my fsx.cfg and nothing else. It's working great. No BP, no affinity, nothing.FFTF=0 is a tweak that basically tells the CPU not to waste resources on loading textures and autogen, but the system is gonna do it if you don't overload it (go below your locked framerate).You will get blurry textures if it drops - it does here.But due to the nature of a VERY fast chip, I'm never getting below 30 with my settings + FFTF=0, so I'm safe and using it.Also tried using no FFTF=0 and unlimited frames, limited by external limiter - yields usual problem of getting late loading of textures. Same as my old machine. So this is a usual no-go.Also tried BP=0 which is a BIG no-go on GTX580 - crashes all the time.So basically nothing else left. It's either FFTF=0 and use settings for better performance or just without anything.RT tweak doesn't bring any performance advantage for me, not visible anyway...If you are using external limiter, then you don't need FFTF=0. If you are using internal, you might try it out.Do you know actually what FFTF=0 really does?Hope this helps.

I'll give it a go, can't hurt anything to try it out. I'll let you know what my results are.

Jeff

This tweak was a no-go for my system with my fsx.cfg. performance was great, but textures were blurred to oblivion. I'm still looking for a few more FPS, my system seems to drop significantly at night in Las Vegas at least, then again, I am running LVD 767, UTX, WOAI, FSDT KLAS, and VegasX (freeware). I'm guessing that the freeware VegasX addon might be the culprit, though it is really nice except for the floating Stratosphere top). Looking into getting the Aerosoft Las Vegas. Thanks for the help Word Not Allowed. Good news on my machine is that, my CPU hasn't gone higher than 57 celsius.

Jeff

The addons you counted - if I put similar situation on my computer, I can't keep sharp textures. That is clear. As said, if too taxiing on the system, it won't work. FSX is still the beast, nevertheless...