Sign in to follow this  
phoenixphire

If you could, what PMDG airplane would you fly in ral life?

205 members have voted

1. 1. What would you fly if you were a real pilot.?

• 747-400 or 8I
    • 747-400F or 8F
    • MD-11 PAX
    • MD-11 F
    • BAe JS4100 Turboprop
    • B1900
    • T7
    • 737 NG

Gentleman, I have been wondering what the community's response would be to a poll regarding what airplane they would fly in real life. For the purposes of keeping it simple I have only included the PMDG airplanes that are current or relatively immanent. :( I am interested in what aircraft you would fly IF you were a real life pilot. I am also interested in WHY you would choose that. I have thought about this from time to time and have come to the conclusion that despite loving the long haul aircraft like the 747 and the T7in the sim, in a real life job the long haul aircraft would be too tedious. I imagine that the 737-800 would be my choice based on the fact that a pilot may have more variation and opportunity to land and change airports more often. I may be wrong about this based on my limited flying experiences. I would love to hear from real life pilots on this subject as well.EDIT:Guys, thanks for the votes but please also reply with WHY you have made the choice. I sound like my college teachers!

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I'd like to pilot the 737, more precisely the 737-800 with winglets, for two reasons:1- Because I like it;2- I agree with you that long hauls may be very tedious and that with the 737, a pilot has a commercial jet with much more options of airports to use.My 2nd option would be the 777 and the 3rd would be the MD-11.

Matheus Mafra

MD 11F I'm am totally addicted to this bird, and I prefer cargo ops over passengers any day.

MD 11F I'm am totally addicted to this bird, and I prefer cargo ops over passengers any day.
I suppose that unless they are animals boxes do not complain. I am also wondering how many of the heavy equipment long haulers also make short hauls as well.

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

For some reason, it won't let me vote. I keep getting a message that says that I don't have permission to vote in this forum. ????Anyway, if I COULD vote, I'd choose the J41. The 737 is my favorite aircraft, an I would jump at the opportunity to fly her, if I could fly her at my leisure. The problem is that airline ops are so strenuous and it's a really hard thing to do I you have a life outside of flying. I choose the J41 because I could fly this with an executive charter airline. The schedule would be more flexible, I wouldn't have to fly 7 flights a day, and I could visit some neat places. Plus, the J41 is an exquisite aircraft to fly. My 2¢EDITED FOR CLARIFICATION/TYPOS

I choose the 737 because I prefer to fly more short haul flights than long ones

BAe JS4100 because it's fun to fly and is a challenge, 2nd option would be the 737.

If I was choosing a plane based on what I'd enjoy flying the most, it'd be the 747. However, if I was flying for an airline, I'd prefer the 737 for the shorter flights. I could never be a long-haul pilot in the real world, I'd go insane. :(

I could never be a long-haul pilot in the real world, I'd go insane. :(
:( +1!I'd like to have to have the opportunity to fly a "heavy" someday, but unless the airline paid me VERY well, I'd prefer to have a lower salary flying a 737 in 1-3 hour flights instead of flying a 747 or 777 for 6+ hours non-stop

Matheus Mafra

Guest dlrk

MD-11F. It seems really unique and quirky, plus it's one of the only modern trijets. I'd rather be a cargo pilot than a pax pilot for two reasons, one cargo flying seems to have a 'quiet dignity' that pax flying doesn't really seem to, and passengers seem like they would be annoying in real life.

you must mean "which aircraft would you prefer to program and watch the FMC fly for you in real life"?I would fly the 1900 because there is much more hands on.Corey Prefontaine CYEG

I chose the 737NG because I love the layout of the cockpit and the way the aircraft looks, not to mention long haul flights aren't for me lol, no but in all seriousness it's the reason I joined the Air Force to get college paid for and start working on my pilot's license so when I get out, I'll hopefully be flying for an airline and working my way up to flying the 737NG's. Until then though the 737NGX will be as close as I get to flying one.

I chose 747 because I just love this aircraft hands down. My second choice would be the 737NG.

Chris Ferguson

PC Specs(Rebuilt 1/11/19): i7-9700K - Non-OC'd, EVGA RTX 2080ti, G.Skillz 16GB Ram 3000mhz, EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w PSU, Cooler Master ML360R, ASRock Phantom Gaming 4 MoBo, 2x 2TB HDD, 1x 1TB Samsung EVO SSD, 1x 220GB WD SSD

I really love both, the 737NG and the 747 400. But I think I get bored after 2 or 3 houres flying, so I prefer take a short distance flyer, the 737NG. However, the 747 is really really nice.

I would chose B737 or MD11. Why ?? Thats very easy to explain:B737: One of the nicest aircrafts ever build ;) When i think about a RL flight in a B737 to vacations, flying into a sunrise/sunset over the clouds in 37.000 feets ... its just an/the most amaizing aircraft. I just saw the new vids about the PMDG737NGX and when i heared these realistic engine sounds, i was not long before of getting an orgasm :Dimxrzasads2r.jpg5yq6s2r8xp16.jpgr6t8rliiw7ty.jpg4bdsn8n7rpc8.jpg^^Very nice solution for the mobile phone :DMD11: Also a very nice aircraft ...y9prm2o5wtal.jpg^^ VERY EPIC: LH Cargo MD11F photograped from TUIfly B737 :Dtorm6evw1jd8.jpgwlghudbi165g.jpg