Sign in to follow this  
phoenixphire

If you could, what PMDG airplane would you fly in ral life?

205 members have voted

1. 1. What would you fly if you were a real pilot.?

• 747-400 or 8I
    • 747-400F or 8F
    • MD-11 PAX
    • MD-11 F
    • BAe JS4100 Turboprop
    • B1900
    • T7
    • 737 NG

I love the sim version of the JS4100 and would love to fly it in real life - or, more realistically, just visit the cockpit of one.

I voted 777 - big roomy cockpit, a lot quieter than the 744, crazy range with the LR model, and nice crew rest bunks just behind the cockpit.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Im 13 and absolutely no doubt want to be a 747 pilot! I have been planning on how to. The only problem is the 747-400 is aging and being phased out. Anyone here have a rough idea of when all the 747-400s head to the wreckers?

Im 13 and absolutely no doubt want to be a 747 pilot! I have been planning on how to. The only problem is the 747-400 is aging and being phased out. Anyone here have a rough idea of when all the 747-400s head to the wreckers?
That statement is quite simply false The 747 is most certainly not being phased out. The classic variants are being replaced in many cases, but the -400 is in no way being phased out. There are heaps of them flying in full force. AND, in case you missed it, the -800 just rolled out. To the contrary....The 747 is one of the most used/most common aircraft out there. The 747 is the iconic symbol of aviation. In no way should you be worried. The 747 will be around for a long while!

That statement is quite simply false The 747 is most certainly not being phased out. The classic variants are being replaced in many cases, but the -400 is in no way being phased out. There are heaps of them flying in full force. AND, in case you missed it, the -800 just rolled out. To the contrary....The 747 is one of the most used/most common aircraft out there. The 747 is the iconic symbol of aviation. In no way should you be worried. The 747 will be around for a long while!
JAL...yeah not to worry, I will fly the beast! Im wondering what age should I apply

JAL...yeah not to worry, I will fly the beast! Im wondering what age should I apply
Age is not the factor. You need experience. If you walk up to JAL at ANY age, with 70 hours in a Cessna 172, there is not even the slightest chance that they'd consider you. Before you apply fir tge airlines, you need flight experience.

747. Even though its my least favorite of the three I own now (MD-11 and J41 being the others), there's something immensely iconic about the craft and would love to push one of those around an airport. I would probably die of boredom during cruise, though.

chose the NG because i don't like long hauls but want to fly an airliner :)

regards,

Alexander Marx

I like the range and real world operation of the 737NGs. As regional to medium length flights they are very popular airliners worldwide. I use real time (no acceleration) and a two to three hour hop (add one-half hour to one hour for flight planning, weather acquisition, and aircraft prep) and that's long enough for me. Of course depending on the real world airline dispatch does a lot of work but then the Captain and first officer still check it all out anyway.I made the choice for my major FS model based on articles in Airways magazine.

Age is not the factor. You need experience. If you walk up to JAL at ANY age, with 70 hours in a Cessna 172, there is not even the slightest chance that they'd consider you. Before you apply fir tge airlines, you need flight experience.
That exPlains why KLMs first officers on the 747 are so young :( Anyway how did the young ones gain that much hours? Kind of amazes meAnyway I chose long haul flights cause I want to travel all around the world, short haul is baisicly no time to do what you want in the country. Although before I fly the 747 I would love to fly the 737

747.Why?Because for me the Queen IS the airplane

That exPlains why KLMs first officers on the 747 are so young :( Anyway how did the young ones gain that much hours? Kind of amazes meAnyway I chose long haul flights cause I want to travel all around the world, short haul is baisicly no time to do what you want in the country. Although before I fly the 747 I would love to fly the 737
Great reply, this would be a very big plus for long haul. I wonder if long haul pilots really get a chance to fly to a large variety of airports or weather they regularly fly to a couple of destinations over and over thereby eliminating the exotic factor.

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Great reply, this would be a very big plus for long haul. I wonder if long haul pilots really get a chance to fly to a large variety of airports or weather they regularly fly to a couple of destinations over and over thereby eliminating the exotic factor.
Yeah they get to fly to all kinds of amazing places. And normally they get to stay in the country for a day or two if lucky, then they fly back. The cruise is worth it cause after all that you get to have an amazing time. The long cruise may be bad for most but its really worth it! Plus nice big $ for the long haulers.

I chose the 747- It's an awesome plane, I'd definitely pick the MD-11 in second place.

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I voted 747 because I missed the T7 option.Yes, I'm a long haul maniac, Long hauls are freaking awesome, you get to generally visit the whole world and that is priceless!

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png