Sign in to follow this  
ferrari308guy

SquawkBox Kills Anti-Aliasing

Hi all-So after working through the ins and outs of Squawkbox...which is probably the most un-intuitive program ever, with the worst documentation ever, I've discovered that the program kills my anti-aliasing when FSX is in full screen mode. This happens both when I run Squawkbox from within or FSX, or from Windows. I did some Googling, and it seems that the issue is caused by Nvidia video cards, which I have. I tried to use the Nvidia Control Panel to override the default FSX anti-aliasing settings, but that didn't work. That wasn't surprising, since the Control Panel has never been able to override FSX settings anyway.I then tried downloading nHancer to override the anti-aliasing settings. I used the program before in the past, but when I tried today, it wasn't working. I was just getting the splash screen, and then the program would quit. The main window never opened. I did some Googling on this, and apparently the issue has to do with the new set of Nvidia drivers, which I also have. I'm not planning to roll back the driver, as I get good performance with the current one.So...with Nvidia Control Panel out, and nHancer out, is there any way to get rid of this issue?Thanks,Phil

Phil Coyle - FlightSimCon Event Organizer

phil@flightsimcon.com

da935.png

Great! Glad to hear things worked out for you.

CXA001-1.jpg

VATSIM: P2 | I1

I have observed the following when I use VATSIM. I dont fly VATSIM exclusivly and when I am not on VATSIM I fly full screen mode in FSX. Now if I descide to fly VATSIM and I am in FULL SCREEN and switch to windowed mode then I loose AA, BUT... if I switch to window mode then quit FSX and restart it with FSX already in window mode my AA stays put. Seeing that you state that inspector fixed your problem it looks like there is some sort of bug with nhancer/fsx when switching from full screen to window mode.Jim

Jim Wenham

Hi all-So after working through the ins and outs of Squawkbox...which is probably the most un-intuitive program ever, with the worst documentation ever, I've discovered that the program kills my anti-aliasing when FSX is in full screen mode. This happens both when I run Squawkbox from within or FSX, or from Windows. I did some Googling, and it seems that the issue is caused by Nvidia video cards, which I have. I tried to use the Nvidia Control Panel to override the default FSX anti-aliasing settings, but that didn't work. That wasn't surprising, since the Control Panel has never been able to override FSX settings anyway.I then tried downloading nHancer to override the anti-aliasing settings. I used the program before in the past, but when I tried today, it wasn't working. I was just getting the splash screen, and then the program would quit. The main window never opened. I did some Googling on this, and apparently the issue has to do with the new set of Nvidia drivers, which I also have. I'm not planning to roll back the driver, as I get good performance with the current one.So...with Nvidia Control Panel out, and nHancer out, is there any way to get rid of this issue?Thanks,Phil
Phil, what driver are you running on your GTX 260? I too have that card but can't run anything higher than 182.50 without issues.Jim

Jim Wenham