Sign in to follow this  
lovetofly28

I Finally Finished!

Now I'm courious. What have you finished? :(
Well, now that you ask, I finished restoring my new computer and was going to post about it, but decided not to and hit post, rather than cancel, all the info about it is in my signature...

Well, now that you ask, I finished restoring my new computer and was going to post about it, but decided not to and hit post, rather than cancel, all the info about it is in my signature...
Repost it, since you've created the thread anyway. A lot of people have been interested in hardware informations lately to build a new rig or improve their performance for the NGX.

Matheus Mafra

Where are my manners? I forgot to give my name...Layout:HP HPE-510y Windows 7 Home Premium 64-BitProcessor: AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 16.8 clock speed!Ram: 8GBRunning FSX never under 20FPSAdd-ons:PMDG:747-400 747-400F MD-11 MD-11F J41 FUTURE NGX OWNER! AES 2.10 REX(Real Enviorment Xtreme) UT2(Ultimate Traffic 2)Scenery:AES-UK2000 Heathrow(EGLL) AES-Imaginsim Hartsfield Atlanta(KATL) AES-FlyTampa Bosston(KBOS) AES-FlyTampa TAMPA(KTPA) AES-FlyTampa San Maarten(TNCM) AES-FlyTampa Buffalo(KBUF) AES-FSdreamteam Chicago(KORD) AES-FSdreamteam Ft. Lauderdale(KFLL) AES-FSdreamteam NYC Kennedy(KJFK) AES-Mccarran Int(KLAS) Cloud-9 OrlandoI have heard from a lot of people that AMD is bad, but I assure them, with all this, it does pretty well :( -Spencer Hayes

AMD's not so bad, you just can't expect i5/i7 performance out of a $150 athlon or phenom. I used AMD for years till my current i7 2600k build.EDIT: That was just an arbitrary amount. the x6 1055t isn't quite that cheap

Well, regardless of the AMD vs Intel stuff, congratulations. I always bought pre built computers like e-machines and Dell's out of lack of confidence in my ability to build my own. A couple of years ago I piked a bunch of hardware and then had it assembled. I later upgraded and then when it was time for me to try it. I took them apart and bought a tower and mixed matched parts and built two computers, a gaming rig and a media centre that I have hooked up to my 55" LED TV. I could not believe when I loaded windows and it turned on and ran without any problems. Since then I have been able to upgrade piece by piece which seems less expensive. Way to go I am sure you will never go back now that you have done it!

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Well, regardless of the AMD vs Intel stuff, congratulations. I always bought pre built computers like e-machines and Dell's out of lack of confidence in my ability to build my own. A couple of years ago I piked a bunch of hardware and then had it assembled. I later upgraded and then when it was time for me to try it. I took them apart and bought a tower and mixed matched parts and built two computers, a gaming rig and a media centre that I have hooked up to my 55" LED TV. I could not believe when I loaded windows and it turned on and ran without any problems. Since then I have been able to upgrade piece by piece which seems less expensive. Way to go I am sure you will never go back now that you have done it!
This was my 3rd personal build. My first was an AMD back in 2000 when 1.5GHz was phenomenal and WinME a phenomenal disappointment. Building a PC is like a LEGO house. Maybe it's daunting, but follow the instructions & you'll have to intentionally mess it up. Once you get into tuning & matching parts for performance, the real knowledge has to kick in. A lot has changed in the past 10 years, so it's a pretty steep learning curve for me too.

I have heard from a lot of people that AMD is bad, but I assure them, with all this, it does pretty well :( -Spencer Hayes
I totally agree with you, I have a 965 BE processor on a Gigabyte AMD2 board clocked at 3.9 ghz (liquid cooled) and I never run fsx under 20 frames with your addons more or less and all sliders except traffic which is off, autogen at dense and water at 2x medium. For the price and the punch AMD delivers it's just perfect imo. Now Intel may be a little faster but not worth paying all that money more imo. AMD is just good enough. Just my two cents,David DD

My software is screwed up and I have lost the disk to restore it, I'll just get w7