Sign in to follow this  
Guest Brian Cook

matrox parhelia

Guest jona

Hi All ,Is anybody using the matrox parphelia? . PC Pilot had an article aboutbeing able to use three monitors at 1024 X 768 . I am very curious about experiences with this card...Happy FlyingQuinn

Guest DanielBu

Yes, I'm curious about that, I always liked Matrox cards. They were always leading in image quality and 2d performance. The parhelia also has some nice features, like 16x AA, but it isn't fully DX9 compatible (not that it mattered). The price just kept me from buying it ...-Daniel

Guest cbr1000f

I'm using it. In FS9 you can run 3072X768. It is not a fast 3d card though. After much tweaking of my 400MHZ FSBN with a P4 2.4GHz processor, I still get crappy frame rates with clouds, even witht he texture fixes. The immersion factor is great, but you pay for it in frame rates...--jeff

Guest Brian Cook

I am running the Parhelia 128 into 3 Samsung 191N TFT Monitors at 3840x1024 (1280x1024 per) resolution. While the frame rates are not high by any means I have no complaints whatsoever. It usually averages in the 20's and can be much higher at times. That is across all 3 monitors, in a single monitor it is much higher.It took some tweaking to get it that way but for the most part the settings are on the high side and it looks great. It is rare that things bog down enough that it is noticeable. I have not touched Shift-Z for ages now and simply choose to enjoy the sim.That said, it is running on a P4 2.8 gHz, 800mHz fsb, 1gb ram, fire breathing beast. Slower machines will no doubt act accordingly but could probably be tweaked into submission.It would be pretty hard for me to go back to anything less now. The panorama view at 3840x1024 is spectacular.Brian