Sign in to follow this  
wisefox7524

We got a vid!

Good video but wonder if ever a video of the 2D panels and the 2D sub panels will be shown.percy clapp

Guest dlrk

Who cares about 2D, it's 2011! Awesome video!

WOW! A video with sound and everything! I kept pausing the video everytime to see the details. The spool up sound is unbelievable. Almost cried! No kidding. I'm in chock.

Matheus Mafra

It's nice to know the sounds are gonna be awesome. Love the buzzsaw noise and the nosegear retract sound!

Yes, we know we promised this some time ago, and we're sorry for leaving you all hanging. Sometimes it's just hard to pull your nose from the grindstone! Expect a more in-depth forum update shortly! :(

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

Yes, we know we promised this some time ago, and we're sorry for leaving you all hanging. Sometimes it's just hard to pull your nose from the grindstone! Expect a more in-depth forum update shortly! :(
I figured the locked release date topic being deleted meant something :)

Phenomenal! The lights, the sound... oh the sound, the hud, the FMC options... the SOUND!!!! This is true greatness!The only issue I saw - it appears some of the green text on the hud get's blocked by the cockpit itself. It's nothing really - adjusting the view point up a little up would take care of that. I can't say it enough - great job PMDG!

Corey Meeks

Flight Simulator - FS2020 | CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Video Card - Sapphire RX 5700 XT Main Board - ASUS ROG Strix X570-I mini-ITX | RAM - G.SKILL Trident Z Neo 2x16Gb DDR4 3600Mhz CL16 | Monitor - DELL 38" U3818DW (3840x1600) | Case - Cooler Master NR200 | CPU Cooling - Noctua NH-U12A | Power Supply - Corsair SF750 | 6x Phanteks T30 120x30mm Fans

Download: FSXMark11 Benchmark and post results here

Thanks Vin, Ryan, everyone involved in this amazing project, and a huge thanks to Mr. Robert S. Randazzo. Really. The wait was indeed worth. Much more than what I was expecting. I'm speechless. Congratulations to PMDG Team. You're awesome! PS.: Can't forget to thanks Boeing too for letting PMDG borrow some blueprints and for the support they gave to PMDG on this project.

Matheus Mafra

Thanks a lot Vin et al. :( Sounds, lights, HGS, switch noises/animations, options are all amazing. Hope progress is going well with VNAV!

Phenomenal! The lights, the sound... oh the sound, the hud... the SOUND!!!! This is true greatness!The only issue I saw - it appears some of the green text on the hud get's blocked by the cockpit itself. It's nothing really - adjusting the view point up a little up would take care of that. I can't say it enough - great job PMDG!
That's what it is like in real life. In cockpit-visit experiences I have had (on the ground) in real life, The HGS isn't the easiest thing to read/see. Alot of the information can easily get blocked off by many things, even if your head is out of centerpoint (by even inches)...this is what collimination is all about, and PMDG did a great job modeling it!

Phenomenal! The lights, the sound... oh the sound, the hud, the FMC options... the SOUND!!!! This is true greatness!The only issue I saw - it appears some of the green text on the hud get's blocked by the cockpit itself. It's nothing really - adjusting the view point up a little up would take care of that. I can't say it enough - great job PMDG!
Important to remember this is still in development... you have no idea how difficult it is to get the collimated HGS projection and the 3D lights to play nicely with each other. It is no exaggeration when I say it's one of the craziest hacks ever done in the history of FSX - Vin spent a solid 2 months getting it to where it is now. Right now it only does that at the bottom on the compass rose when the landing lights are on - we're still investigating ways around it, but it may be something we have to live with. The sim was never intended to be able to model optical stuff like this correctly, it's a miracle we've got it this close honestly. This was a major major effort.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest C4N

Awesome Job PMDG!