Sign in to follow this  
wisefox7524

We got a vid!

Looks incredible.

The lights! OMG :(

Guest dlrk

Ryan, is it just me or did the switch on your sig switch?

Good video but wonder if ever a video of the 2D panels and the 2D sub panels will be shown.percy clapp
Who cares about 2D, it's 2011! Awesome video!
Not a video, but how's this? tongue.gif We still care about 2D, don't worry!PMDG_737NGX_Main_Panel_2D.jpgKPHX Runway 26 just before departure btw... the EGPWS is showing accurately depicted terrain for South Mountain, the Estrella Mountains, and Camelback Mountain...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Important to remember this is still in development... you have no idea how difficult it is to get the collimated HGS projection and the 3D lights to play nicely with each other. It is no exaggeration when I say it's one of the craziest hacks ever done in the history of FSX - Vin spent a solid 2 months getting it to where it is now. Right now it only does that at the bottom on the compass rose when the landing lights are on - we're still investigating ways around it, but it may be something we have to live with. The sim was never intended to be able to model optical stuff like this correctly, it's a miracle we've got it this close honestly. This was a major major effort.
Ryan,It's amazing - trust me when I say I wasn't complaining. I remember you guys explaining what an undertaking the HUD was. The sounds were SOOO good that even my wife took interest! Of course once she put her foot in the door, I had to pull her over and show her the lights and the HUD.

Corey Meeks

Flight Simulator - FS2020 | CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Video Card - Sapphire RX 5700 XT Main Board - ASUS ROG Strix X570-I mini-ITX | RAM - G.SKILL Trident Z Neo 2x16Gb DDR4 3600Mhz CL16 | Monitor - DELL 38" U3818DW (3840x1600) | Case - Cooler Master NR200 | CPU Cooling - Noctua NH-U12A | Power Supply - Corsair SF750 | 6x Phanteks T30 120x30mm Fans

Download: FSXMark11 Benchmark and post results here

Thanks Ryan. We've been waiting for a long time to see the 2D cockpit.The MD-11 could partially convert me into a VC flyer. Partially because I basically use the VC for T/O and landing, but only a few times during other phases of flight. But I think that the NGX VC will finish the conversion process.

Matheus Mafra

I just had an airgasm

Thanks! Vin must be nothing short of a genius. How satisfying it must be for him to make the impossible possible.

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus | Intel Core i9-10900K @ 5.3GHz | 64GB Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3090 | 500 GB M.2 NVMe for win | 2TB M.2 NVMe for FS2020 | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Eric from EHAM, a flying Dutchman.

Mmmmm, widescreen panels...Drooling.gif

Wow! I mean, I'm speechless..... The sound, the clarity of the displays, the resolution of each switch and light of the panels.......THE HGS!!!!!! .................... I love you!

Ryan Syferd (KSEA)

Ok very good thanks a lot, have invested a lot of time and money into a cockpit with multi panels along with others that can only use a 2Dpanel.percy clapp.

Ryan,It's amazing - trust me when I say I wasn't complaining. I remember you guys explaining what an undertaking the HUD was. The sounds were SOOO good that even my wife took interest! Of course once she put her foot in the door, I had to pull her over and show her the lights and the HUD.
Thanks, we've spent an inordinate amount of time on the sounds too - there are something like 400 separate recordings from the real airplane for the cockpit sounds alone.The engine sounds are accurate to the point that I used my talents as a professional music transcriber to figure out the exact average pitches you hear at specific times during the engine spool-up sequence. Other addons don't have the pitch exactly right - we have it down to the actual musical notes you most commonly hear on a real life takeoff from the fan growl/buzz and the higher pitched whine effect. It's still being tuned for timing - you actually should hear the whine come in a bit earlier than it does in the video, but that'll be adjusted soon.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Important to remember this is still in development... you have no idea how difficult it is to get the collimated HGS projection and the 3D lights to play nicely with each other. It is no exaggeration when I say it's one of the craziest hacks ever done in the history of FSX - Vin spent a solid 2 months getting it to where it is now. Right now it only does that at the bottom on the compass rose when the landing lights are on - we're still investigating ways around it, but it may be something we have to live with. The sim was never intended to be able to model optical stuff like this correctly, it's a miracle we've got it this close honestly. This was a major major effort.
So what you are saying is that you guys are better than Microsoft in making a flight simulation.....I have no problems with this. :(

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

Can't decide if I'm more blown away by the video, or the picture of the 2D panel. They both look amazing.