Sign in to follow this  
dazz

PMDG update, awesome vid + 2D panel screenshot + more...

Absolutely amazing!!I have a feeling that after I own the NGX, pretty much all my other airliners will start collecting dust. After seeing the few preview screen shots in the past and now this video, I can't imagine getting into my LDS 767 or even my PMDG 747 very often, even as much as I love those 2 planes.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Absolutely amazing!!I have a feeling that after I own the NGX, pretty much all my other airliners will start collecting dust. After seeing the few preview screen shots in the past and now this video, I can't imagine getting into my LDS 767 or even my PMDG 747 very often, even as much as I love those 2 planes.
I know my Wilco is coming off!All I need more is a decent Airbus and 737 and I'm done.But I couldn't leave my 767 and 747... they are just too great.

Oh, a PMDG update right after the iFly close to release news. Showing some nerves, huh? :( :biggrin:Thanks for the HU about some pictures and videos which are just posted on another section of the Avsim forums. I mean, don't get me wrong, the stuff looks really nice, but if we post "news" from other Avsim threads (=the same forum) the whole thing caricatures itself quite a bit.But please don't get offended, these thoughts about the forum-intern stuff may be just mine.And to add some more useful substance to my post, I'd like to mention that Orbx has a huge sale now, 44% off all download things. These are news from another forum and you may want to look there since you can park your 737 (from any dev) at some beautiful places then.Now, that's news.

Oh, a PMDG update right after the iFly close to release news. Showing some nerves, huh? :( :biggrin:Thanks for the HU about some pictures and videos which are just posted on another section of the Avsim forums. I mean, don't get me wrong, the stuff looks really nice, but if we post "news" from other Avsim threads (=the same forum) the whole things caricatures itself quite a bit.
If you want to mod the forums talk to Tom or David

If you want to mod the forums talk to Tom or David
Don't worry, dazz, they are doing a really good job there. But if your reactions to my posts are that predictable, I think I've hit the right spot. :biggrin:As said, nice vid and pictures there, but news from within the same forum may not be that "new", that's all.This cross-thread-posting has a very limited use, at Avsim and at all other forums I know. You may disagree there, that's ok, don't worry.Don't forget about about all the other threads at Avsim which aren't informed yet.Now lets point the view forward and wait for a release while enjoying the stuff which is already there, shall we? :(

Don't worry, dazz, they are doing a really good job there. But if your reactions to my posts are that predictable, I think I've hit the right spot. :biggrin:As said, nice vid and pictures there, but news from within the same forum may not be that "new", that's all.This cross-thread-posting has a very limited use, at Avsim and at all other forums I know. You may disagree there, that's ok, don't worry.Don't forget about about all the other threads at Avsim which aren't informed yet.Now lets point the view forward and wait for a release while enjoying the stuff which is already there, shall we? :(
What was predictable is that a really excited user would chip in with their agendas. I couldn't care less so have a nice one

Thanks for the HU about some pictures and videos which are just posted on another section of the Avsim forums. I mean, don't get me wrong, the stuff looks really nice, but if we post "news" from other Avsim threads (=the same forum) the whole thing caricatures itself quite a bit.
Lol :--))Again...Avsim hosts the PMDG forum among other commercial support forums (official and unofficial).They have their own mods and rules there and we (Avsim guys) never intervene in their forum, unless we receive alerts (reports) for serious troubles or spamming. For us, the PMDG forum is a "private" forum. If you pay attention, you'll notice that lot of folks there don't know that Avsim has an hardware forum and you'll find tons of questions that have been answered to in our hardware sections. You won't see any of Avsim guys moving (or closing!) a topic there or interfering in any way. As I said in the iFly thread, we, Avsim admins, are not linked with PMDG (or other commercial devs) in any manner, and to be clear (...) we pay for our copies like anybody and we get the same support as anyone when we have questions or problems. :(

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Hi,Yeah, I have to agree. iFly sends out Release Candidates to the Gift of Site winners (which means they are extremely close to release) and all of a sudden we have multi released videos as well as a 2D panel shot from PMDG. I guess the PMDG online forum will now come alive with all kinds of PMDG product update activity. Hey, we may even see a we are in BETA notice.

Oh, a PMDG update right after the iFly close to release news. Showing some nerves, huh? :( :(

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

For us, the PMDG forum is a "private" forum.
No problem, David. This is understood. It just looked like a double posting of news which get read either way and while I appreciate news from other forums and places on the Net, the PMDG ones are already there, a click away. If people don't see them (like the hardware threads you've mentioned), they may also miss other parts of their surrounding, real or virtual.But I don't know why you mention this one. Is it referring to my posts?
As I said in the iFly thread, we, Avsim admins, are not linked with PMDG (or other commercial devs) in any manner, and to be clear (...) we pay for our copies like anybody and we get the same support as anyone when we have questions or problems.That's called Freedom! dry.gif
I'm not feeling or seeing a PMDG bias on the moderator's side and also never mentioned one as far as I know.
I guess the PMDG will now come alive with all kinds of PMDG product update activity.
I like that competition, I must admit. The customer can only win there while two good products may arrive. Staying open to both clearly shows a non-biased mind.

Did I relate to this in any of my posts? I'm not feeling or seeing a PMDG bias on the mod side and also never mentioned one as far as I know.
No, that was a general remark after the iFly topic, not at all aimed to you personnaly.When I read "Careful, mod deleted other thread because people talked bad about pmdg. Apparently negative talk about them is forbidden" I feel like some folks here have to be briefed a bit...Just wanted to avoid this kind of crap in this thread too.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Hi,Yeah, I have to agree. iFly sends out Release Candidates to the Gift of Site winners (which means they are extremely close to release) and all of a sudden we have multi released videos as well as a 2D panel shot from PMDG. I guess the PMDG online forum will now come alive with all kinds of PMDG product update activity. Hey, we may even see a we are in BETA notice.
Regardless its iFly for me now. May get the PMDG in the future depending on what the advantages, if any, are.Don't really like the HUD though....makes it look like a combat sim to me.

Don't really like the HUD though....makes it look like a combat sim to me.
Well, it is! You are fighting bad weather. LOL.gifBut you don't have to use it, just fold it away or (maybe) disable the option in the config tool as this installation is an airline option. Lets see how those options are implemented.I like the fact that it's collimated. Not a first (in FSX), but definitely a nice thing in a current 737 sim.