Sign in to follow this  
dazz

PMDG update, awesome vid + 2D panel screenshot + more...

Regardless its iFly for me now. May get the PMDG in the future depending on what the advantages, if any, are.Don't really like the HUD though....makes it look like a combat sim to me.
Well, its there in real life. Personally I like realism, wether it looks like a combat sim or not

Absolutely amazing!!I have a feeling that after I own the NGX, pretty much all my other airliners will start collecting dust. After seeing the few preview screen shots in the past and now this video, I can't imagine getting into my LDS 767 or even my PMDG 747 very often, even as much as I love those 2 planes.
This video doesnt really show that much for you to be so high on it .... 

Looks like i'll have to get both, i think after reading the PMDG site that it is still sometime away

Ian R Tyldesley

Regardless its iFly for me now. May get the PMDG in the future depending on what the advantages, if any, are.Don't really like the HUD though....makes it look like a combat sim to me.
Two options there:1. Click the click spot on the left side post and the HGS swings up into the stowed position.2. Go into the FMC's extensive PMDG Options area and set yourself up an aircraft configuration that doesn't have an HGS installed. All in real time with no reloading of the sim.For what it's worth though, the HGS is a fairly common real world option on the plane now, I don't think the pilots benefiting from it care that it makes their plane look like a fighter jet - it seriously improves situational awareness and makes certain tasks like those crosswind approaches and low visibility landings very easy.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Ryan, is the older statement concerning the (expected) framerates on the NGX still valid? It's always difficult to judge from videos, especially beta ones. For example, the night one looks fine while the day one doesn't set new standards on fluidness (maybe from the video process though).Can we expect enhanced J41 framerates for example?

Ryan, is the older statement concerning the (expected) framerates on the NGX still valid? It's always difficult to judge from videos, especially beta ones. For example, the night one looks fine while the day one doesn't set new standards on fluidness (maybe from the video process though).Can we expect enhanced J41 framerates for example?
Matthew-During the filming of both segments, I was using FRAPS for the capture. In FSX the FPS was 40+ continually, but something about the data transfer between the sim and FRAPS causes some micro-stuter that no amount of tuning would get rid of. I even tried it at my monitor's lowest resolution (80+ fps) and the video contained microstutters...I am *guessing* it has to do with the memory usage that takes place when I am simultaneously running FRAPS, FSX and Visual Studio's development suite all at the same time...Either way- don't let those worry you- the sim itself was as smooth as undisturbed air.

Thanks for that quote, seems like I have to watch those PMDG forums more closely. :smile:But, still, I wonder if this 'undisturbed air' of the NGX is the same as on the J41 for example. I like her and only miss the hold function so far, but I wouldn't call her a light system load plane, you may correct me there.So, yeah, since you can't test the PMDG products before buying, the framerate question remains valid I think. And since both videos were recorded with the same software, one is still able to spot a difference between the fluent night and the choppier day. As the product has advanced in its production, I thought that some updated fps statement was available with a comparison towards existing products like the J41 or MD11.I'm running the J41 on a 4+ i7, so no problems there but a noticeable load. Will the NGX do better?This might help the fellows with the smaller systems.

Thanks for that quote, seems like I have to watch those PMDG forums more closely. :smile:But, still, I wonder if this 'undisturbed air' of the NGX is the same as on the J41 for example. I like her and only miss the hold function so far, but I wouldn't call her a light system load plane, you may correct me there.So, yeah, since you can't test the PMDG products before buying, the framerate question remains valid I think. And since both videos were recorded with the same software, one is still able to spot a difference between the fluent night and the choppier day. As the product has advanced in its production, I thought that some updated fps statement was available with a comparison towards existing products like the J41 or MD11.I'm running the J41 on a 4+ i7, so no problems there but a noticeable load. Will the NGX do better?This might help the fellows with the smaller systems.
Well yeah that¡s a hot topic in every release and there have been multiple posts asking that same exact question and they said that performance is on par with the MD11's, in some cases better.

Looks like it simply was just almost finished, nothing to do with other projects:

... I am happy to report that we have been in beta testing for about a month now, and the process is going exceptionally well. We are using our narrow test team of 737 experts and they have had us busy during system operation verification, flight testing, etc. As of tonight we have had approximately 400 issues reported by the technical team, and as of this moment all but 63 have been resolved. (Note for those who like math: 400 and 63 are fluid numbers... and the 63 will never reach 0...but as the 69 shrinks it indicates that fewer and fewer issues are being reported by the testing teams.In the next few days we anticipate rolling the NGX out to our wider beta team- and they will carry the product through the installation/flying/documentation portion of our testing process. We anticipate this taking only a short period of time, as the product they will receive should be largely issue-free.Thirdly, with my second item (Above) in mind, I believe that we will be announcing the estimated release date a day or two AFTER our wider beta team sees the NGX... I do not make a habit of projecting such dates until we have reached some very specific mile-markers, and it is looking like we are going to reach those markers in the next five days or so.We are going to begin rolling out some really interesting updates that should give you an idea just how wonderful the PMDG 737 NGX really is. From the beginning we have set out to create a truly scalable simulation of the 737 so that it is robust and easy to enjoy for simmers who want a good looking, easy to use product- while also providing a level of depth that is simply un-matched by any product ever released for FSX.We are also going to leave a few things un-announced- in order to surprise you on release day...

This video doesnt really show that much for you to be so high on it .... 
I was already pretty "high on it" after they started releasing the VC screen shots some time ago. Now after seeing the night video and looking at the cockpit lighting as well as seeing how you can set up options in the FMC, rather than using an external config manager, it peaked my interest even more, although we already knew that you could use the FMC to enable/disable features prior to them showing the video.For me personally, seeing a product in action is always more interesting than just viewing static screen shots.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

It's all a very good report, I must say. I'm looking forward to this aircraft.Only thing I've been thinking about is about iFly vs PMDG. Actually I think the one who releases earlier is mostly likely to get most sales.Must be the reason why PMDG is pushing all of the sudden now.Of course, iFly is going to release a whole range, 600-900, and PMDG only 800. Could be a good business opportunity for iFly now.

Of course, iFly is going to release a whole range, 600-900, and PMDG only 800. Could be a good business opportunity for iFly now.
Where did you hear they are only doing an 800?

It's all a very good report, I must say. I'm looking forward to this aircraft.Only thing I've been thinking about is about iFly vs PMDG. Actually I think the one who releases earlier is mostly likely to get most sales.Must be the reason why PMDG is pushing all of the sudden now.Of course, iFly is going to release a whole range, 600-900, and PMDG only 800. Could be a good business opportunity for iFly now.
nope :( 600, 700, 800 & 900, and some other variants. I believe the 900ER and the BBJ aree included too, not sure though