Sign in to follow this  
dazz

PMDG update, awesome vid + 2D panel screenshot + more...

The HUGS, as in real life, has a red tint applied to it that apparently helps reduce glare.
So it does. I never knew that that, but had a feeling that had something to do with the way the landing lights looked. It's an interesting side effect from them making it as "real as it gets". I imagine that there will probably be a lot of bug reports once its out, and due to the level of realism the "bugs" will end up not being "bugs" at all and just due to the way the actual aircraft behaves in real life.Found a youtube video of a real life NG and you can see the redish/pink tint you were talking about.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmCOb3Nyqk8

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Maybe the reddish tint colour is a reflection of the embarrassed red faces of everyone who was slagging off PMDG last week? :( Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Hi,I know it exists within HUGS. However, it looks like it covers the entire front view. Let me download the video and take another look this time using full screen view.

The HUGS, as in real life, has a red tint applied to it that apparently helps reduce glare.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Maybe the reddish tint colour is a reflection of the embarrassed red faces of everyone who was slagging off PMDG last week? :(
Or maybe it's that that bank account warning light after buying both titles at the same time, so we're looking into the near future there, my future. Nail%20Biting.gif

Am I the only person here not very impressed about the cockpit night lighting?
They haven't shown the full cockpit night lighting, only the dimming of the screens and the basic panel back lighting. Robert said specifically about the night VFR video that he did not show the full cockpit lighting capabilities because they are still applying finishing touches to it.

Hi,Well, now I realize why the entire screen shows red tint. Maybe its just the video, but it looks too large and/or too close to the pilots view. I'm not a photographer/graphic artists nor do I know much about 3D/2D and the problems associated with displaying these images on a flat screen and/or FSX's limitations, so that may be the reason for the view.pmdg737.jpg

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Do you own the VRS Superbug, Michael? She should give you an impression about that HUD. Some simpler collimated HUD stuff can be seen on the Lotussim L-39 or the A2A Spitfire, regarding some 'flat screen impressions'.The real world stuff may be seen if you jump in some fancy BMW and enable that HUD display there, "floating" above the street, way in front of you when talking about the viewpoint. So no simple reflection on the windscreen (with the impression to be on that screen) but a fine tuned "illusion" to avoid a focus shift for your eyes.

Tthe red tint isn't covering the entire screen. Look at the day time VFR video they also posted and compare the colors within the HUGS frame and just outside of it. As far as the size of the HUGS goes, I have no idea about that.

Hi,I do not own the VRS Superbug, 99.99% of my flight time is spent in the Level-D 767. Although, that is about to change. :(

Do you own the VRS Superbug, Michael? She should give you an impression about that HUD. Some simpler collimated HUD stuff can be seen on the Lotussim L-39 or the A2A Spitfire, regarding some 'flat screen impressions'.The real world stuff may be seen if you jump in some fancy BMW and enable that HUD display there, "floating" above the street, way in front of you when talking about the viewpoint. So no simple reflection on the windscreen (with the impression to be on that screen) but a fine tuned "illusion" to avoid a focus shift for your eyes.

No problem. Would just have been a good example of some nice collimated HUD in the sim.And hey, that BMW is still there. :(

Hi,Well, now I realize why the entire screen shows red tint. Maybe its just the video, but it looks too large and/or too close to the pilots view. I'm not a photographer/graphic artists nor do I know much about 3D/2D and the problems associated with displaying these images on a flat screen and/or FSX's limitations, so that may be the reason for the view.
Mike, it's just because he's got his head position much closer to the HGS combiner vs that pic you posted, so it fills more of the screen. The whole screen does not have a red tint to it, it's only when you're looking through the combiner.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Was the decision about the printable or non printable manuals made now by the way? It was an open question some time ago and was left in a "maybe" state so far.

Hi Ryan,Thanks for the quick reply, looking forward to the release.

Mike, it's just because he's got his head position much closer to the HGS combiner vs that pic you posted, so it fills more of the screen. The whole screen does not have a red tint to it, it's only when you're looking through the combiner.

Looks absolutely stunning, not what I would normally fly, but that is in danger of getting me into the big iron......G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

That runway lighting is incredible! Have they actually figured out a way to illuminate fs objects? I wonder if these lights will illuminate other objects such a terminal or other aircraft?