Specs:i5@4.2G 4 Gb ram5870 1Gb650W PSUWindows 7 64 bit5760x1080 Eyefinity LandscapeFirst of all; thanks for looking. I recently upgraded my computer, and sold off the old parts. I kept my 5870 as it was giving me very good performance. Move 3 months ahead in time: “Cool, I can finally afford and have space for a Eyefinty setup”Guess you see where I am headed. The once so-good 5870 is now struggling due to having “only” 1 Gb of vram. I play mostly ArmA 2, FSX, and lately Cliffs of Dover (Il-2).--> What is the best update for my GPU? I’m open to suggestions and considerations. I also very happy for links to pages with personal experiences in these matters.

Your widescreed display would require 2 Nvidia cards, 1 card and TH2go, or a single ATI card. In another discussion here we were comparing Vram usuage in various scenerios.It's kind of rare to go much above 1 GB unless you are using high detail settings and or lots of addons and hi-def textures.The most VRam I have ever seen used is 1.6 GB and that was in an extreme situation.You could try getting a 5870 Eyefinity edition with 2GB, but honestly I think you would only see big changes in the most heavy use scenarios.Use MSI afterburner to monitor your VideoRam usage and see if you even need more RAM or just to change some settings.

Your widescreed display would require 2 Nvidia cards, 1 card and TH2go, or a single ATI card. In another discussion here we were comparing Vram usuage in various scenerios.It's kind of rare to go much above 1 GB unless you are using high detail settings and or lots of addons and hi-def textures.The most VRam I have ever seen used is 1.6 GB and that was in an extreme situation.You could try getting a 5870 Eyefinity edition with 2GB, but honestly I think you would only see big changes in the most heavy use scenarios.Use MSI afterburner to monitor your VideoRam usage and see if you even need more RAM or just to change some settings.
Im not an expert on vram usage, but I know that on large resolutions (5760x1080) AA eats vram for breakfast. Especially the more fancy AA-variants.Im considering either a 6970 or a 6990, but Im a little worried about xfire support/drivers at the moment.

Im not an expert on vram usage, but I know that on large resolutions (5760x1080) AA eats vram for breakfast. Especially the more fancy AA-variants.Im considering either a 6970 or a 6990, but Im a little worried about xfire support/drivers at the moment.
This is correct, but you can check your VRAM usuage using MSI afterburner or a similar program and see if your settings are exceeding your VRAM.

A 6990 is on its way to me, along with a 1000W Corsair PSU.1000W...? Its crazy!
I'm in the exact same situation that you are! Please let us know how the 6990 works out.