Sign in to follow this  
kike98

Airport LILN missing in Flash Earth

Hi everybody, something strange in the maps of Flash Earth, I live in Venegono Inferiore Italy, coordinates: 45° 44’ 35,2” N 8° 53’ 14,4” E Here there is a little airport ICAO code LILN as you can see in the screen shot of Google hearth. But if you try to find it in Flash Earth it’s disappeared, somebody knows why or I am doing some mistakes? Thanks for help Ciao Enrico

But if you try to find it in Flash Earth it’s disappeared, somebody knows why or I am doing some mistakes?
No mistake...Simple enough explanation. One picture is of the area BEFORE the airport was built; the other, after. The map servers show the imagery that is available (and that they choose to use) and may be from many different time periods - even on the same server at different zoom levels.Loyd

No mistake...Simple enough explanation. One picture is of the area BEFORE the airport was built; the other, after. The map servers show the imagery that is available (and that they choose to use) and may be from many different time periods - even on the same server at different zoom levels.Loyd
Good answer Loyd but this airpot has been built in 1930 and Internet, Goolgle etc. etc. was far to born.So I think that there is an other explication but is really strange isn't?CiaoEnrico

Good answer Loyd but this airpot has been built in 1930 and Internet, Goolgle etc. etc. was far to born.So I think that there is an other explication but is really strange isn't?CiaoEnrico
Indeed curious.Camouflage netting?Ground painted to look like trees from air view - now entrance to secret military base. :( Loyd

bing maps doesn't show nato airports or military buildings, at least in europe, don't know if other NATO/NON NATO countries :)