Sign in to follow this  
briansommers

Buffalo Airways - what a/c if they were a modern cargo company?

Thanks for adding so much insight to this thread.
he was asking 'What If they were a modern cargo company and I did answer his original question:
So my modernized Buffalo fleet consists of:2 C130's3 B737-300 or -400 or -500's Combi's2 B757-200 or -300 Cargo5 Dash 8 Combi's
How much more insight can one offer? Still haven't heard what your fleet would consist ofIn my original answer I was considering the costs of purchasing used aircraft against the rising costs of continued service on an aging fleet. I think the 737's and Dash 8's are a very good option for Buffalo down the road as they are already used in the Canadian Arctic by other cargo ops.The C130's and 757's was just imagineering on my part as I really like those 2 aircraft and would be cool to see them in Buffalo colours. But with so many 757's about to come out of service and replaced by 787's there may be a viable option there one day.But I also recognize that a 757 may be a little too big for Buffalo's operations. I do think that used 737's and Dash 8 is a very realistic option for Buffalo, with a gravel kit these two are already proven aircraft in the high arctic.Cheers

Matthew Kane