Sign in to follow this  
jose88

Question about FSX performance

I have a 2600k @ 4,6Ghz in a P8P67 EVO with 4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1333 CL7 RAM, and a GTX480 Super OC with 1536MB GDDR5. The HD is a Caviar Black Series WD.My fps are very good in FSX with addon scenery and aircraft ... But i have some mini-stops ... I don't know how to say, sorry but i'm spanish and my english is not much fluid ... Stutters??? I don't know ...I have my HD defragmented with O&O Defrag 12 Pro, Windows 7 tips by NickN, and fsx.cfg tuned by venettubo ...It's possible the cause be the HD? I have the same HD for Windows and FSX. One partition for Windows and FSX, and another for Dates.I have Windows 7 Ultimate SP1. Latest drivers installed. Nvidia Inspector setup for FSX.Thanks

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

I also had these sutters when I used 4 GB RAM. It´s like that: You have mostly 50-60 FPS and a seconld later it drops to 10 and then back to 50-60. I fixed that problem by upgarding to 8GB RAM and disabled the pagefile. That eliminated these shutters for me.

Thanks for the reply Superpilotv2 ...Firt i will test another kit of RAM i have. A Mushkin enhanced 996829 - (PC2000 7-10-8-27) 4GB

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

Thanks for the reply Superpilotv2 ...Firt i will test another kit of RAM i have. A Mushkin enhanced 996829 - (PC2000 7-10-8-27) 4GB
But you´re aware that Sandy Bridge can´t use RAM with a speed of 2000MHz. You´ll have to clock it down to 1866MHz. Why don´t you get this one: http://mushkin.com/Memory/Blackline/996782.aspx These are mine and they´re working good (so far).

I think you´re way off with this RAM theory, Steffen!Stutters can be caused by many things, but did you know this?http://www.simforums...topic34524.html
I know that RAM is not the only thing which can have soemthing to do with shutters. I don´t claim that more RAM will fix verything. It´s just my experience.Maybe it´s worth checking the setup of the grafic card but I doubt that this is the bottleneck. A GTX 480 SC is soemhow fast and if I with my now mediorce GTX 260 can get it fluid, a newer and particulary better card can´t be the culprit.

I think you´re way off with this RAM theory, Steffen!Stutters can be caused by many things, but did you know this?
Tracing stutters to the source certainly is difficult to do, but memory would be my first target as well. Sandy Bridge has proved to be extremely sensitive to memory and I think it goes beyond brand/specs to set vs set or stick vs stick. I'm convinced memory is ultimately at the root of the boot loop problems people have been having with Sandy Bridge. SpiritFlyer also attributed his lack of stutters to his memory, specifically the low timings. He's running 4x2GB of Mushkin DDR3 1600 (6-8-6-24). I have the same memory, but my mobo refuses to run it all at rated specs. I'll try again when I get my Z68 board this week or next.

Corey Meeks

Flight Simulator - FS2020 | CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Video Card - Sapphire RX 5700 XT Main Board - ASUS ROG Strix X570-I mini-ITX | RAM - G.SKILL Trident Z Neo 2x16Gb DDR4 3600Mhz CL16 | Monitor - DELL 38" U3818DW (3840x1600) | Case - Cooler Master NR200 | CPU Cooling - Noctua NH-U12A | Power Supply - Corsair SF750 | 6x Phanteks T30 120x30mm Fans

Download: FSXMark11 Benchmark and post results here

Level of stutters vary. I have some fine micro stutters flying into CYYZ in the PMDG MD11 with Cloud9, GEX, FEX, ASE, Genesis, UTX. Very and very little but slightly more prounounced with heavy clouds. Personally I think it is a figment of one or all of those add-ons. I base my statement on the fact that it does it on this machine and the machine I had before. I think any system would stutter under identical circumstances as mine regardless of memory type or speed. However I am not going to throw dollars at a set of Mushkins at CL6 to prove myself right.Severe stutters or complete stops are a different matter. I recommend tuning to this : http://www.simforums.com/forums/setting-up-fsx-and-how-to-tune-it_topic29041.html see if it helps.

Regards,
Gary Andersen

HAF932 Advanced, ASUS Z690-P D4, i5-12600k @4.9,NH-C14S, 2x8GB DDR4 3600, RM850x PSU,Sata DVD, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB storage, W10-Pro on Intel 750 AIC 800GB PCI-Express,MSI RTX3070 LHR 8GB, AW2720HF, VS238, Card Reader, SMT750 UPS.

Sorry for the cliche response, but have you tried an external frame rate limiter?Such as this one:(I saved it on my skydrive)http://cid-408ca931940d5e3c.office.live.com/self.aspx/.Public/FPS^_Limiter^_0.2.rarYou need java installed to run the .jar file (it's the GUI for the program), and then just run that .jar file and it's self explanatory after that... Oh, F11 and F12 decrease and increase target fps, respectively.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

My fps are very good in FSX with addon scenery and aircraft ... But i have some mini-stops ... I don't know how to say, sorry but i'm spanish and my english is not much fluid ... Stutters??? I don't know ...Thanks
I had a similar issue, Jose, and found it to only occur when running EZCA. About every four seconds there would be a very slight, single "hiccup".. If I stopped EZCA it went away. When I first noticed it I was running a C2D E6600 at 3.2 gig. It continued after I went to an i7-95, even at 4 gig. It went away at 4.4 gig, and now that I'm at 4.8 gig with the system below it has gone, so I'm using it (v1.17) again. Might be? :smile:

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Level of stutters vary. I have some fine micro stutters flying into CYYZ in the PMDG MD11 with Cloud9, GEX, FEX, ASE, Genesis, UTX. Very and very little but slightly more prounounced with heavy clouds. Personally I think it is a figment of one or all of those add-ons. I base my statement on the fact that it does it on this machine and the machine I had before. I think any system would stutter under identical circumstances as mine regardless of memory type or speed. However I am not going to throw dollars at a set of Mushkins at CL6 to prove myself right.Severe stutters or complete stops are a different matter. I recommend tuning to this : http://www.simforums.com/forums/setting-up-fsx-and-how-to-tune-it_topic29041.html see if it helps.
Yes, i have it, but don't fix the problem ...In the next day i'll test to replace my Ripjaws X for my Mushkin Extreme RAM kit ...

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

Yes, i have it, but don't fix the problem ...In the next day i'll test to replace my Ripjaws X for my Mushkin Extreme RAM kit ...
Please let me know if it works.

Regards,
Gary Andersen

HAF932 Advanced, ASUS Z690-P D4, i5-12600k @4.9,NH-C14S, 2x8GB DDR4 3600, RM850x PSU,Sata DVD, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB storage, W10-Pro on Intel 750 AIC 800GB PCI-Express,MSI RTX3070 LHR 8GB, AW2720HF, VS238, Card Reader, SMT750 UPS.

I had a similar issue, Jose, and found it to only occur when running EZCA. About every four seconds there would be a very slight, single "hiccup".. If I stopped EZCA it went away. When I first noticed it I was running a C2D E6600 at 3.2 gig. It continued after I went to an i7-95, even at 4 gig. It went away at 4.4 gig, and now that I'm at 4.8 gig with the system below it has gone, so I'm using it (v1.17) again. Might be? :smile:
Set EZCA from High to normal process in the GUI ;-)
I have a 2600k @ 4,6Ghz in a P8P67 EVO with 4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1333 CL7 RAM, and a GTX480 Super OC with 1536MB GDDR5. The HD is a Caviar Black Series WD.My fps are very good in FSX with addon scenery and aircraft ... But i have some mini-stops ... I don't know how to say, sorry but i'm spanish and my english is not much fluid ... Stutters??? I don't know ...I have my HD defragmented with O&O Defrag 12 Pro, Windows 7 tips by NickN, and fsx.cfg tuned by venettubo ...It's possible the cause be the HD? I have the same HD for Windows and FSX. One partition for Windows and FSX, and another for Dates.I have Windows 7 Ultimate SP1. Latest drivers installed. Nvidia Inspector setup for FSX.Thanks
Speed stepping enabeld?

André

Sorry for the cliche response, but have you tried an external frame rate limiter?Such as this one:(I saved it on my skydrive)http://cid-408ca9319...imiter^_0.2.rarYou need java installed to run the .jar file (it's the GUI for the program), and then just run that .jar file and it's self explanatory after that... Oh, F11 and F12 decrease and increase target fps, respectively.
You should try this suggestion. It fixed my stutters when running on a C2D laptop, and also helps stutters on my current rig (at OshKosh airport there is much stutter on laptop and current rig, but the FPS Limiter helps to get rid of it).

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgsig_TheBusIveBeenWaitingFor.jpg

Alfredo Terrero