Sign in to follow this  
WotanUK

Release Day

Hello,I imagine that quite a number of people are going to be purchasing/downloading the NGX on release day. Are the people at PMDG sure that they will be able to meet demand?Thanks

Ian R Tyldesley

i remember when aerosoft released an add-on and the DL-Server crashed because thousands requested the DL :D

I am pretty sure Ryan told us that the forums may crash because of over capacity but the store certainly will not.Regards

Best regards, happy flying,

Wallace

I am pretty sure Ryan told us that the forums may crash because of over capacity but the store certainly will not.Regards
Hopefully Ryan told the truth.

In the past couple of years we have made major upgrades to our ecommerce system hardware. Capacity is enormous...

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

Here you can see someone upgrading the new PMDG Blue Gene IBM Serversjugene.jpg :(

Juan Ramos

Here you can see someone upgrading the new PMDG Blue Gene IBM Serversjugene.jpg :(
yes but can it play Crysis?

It only has 1.6 million processor cores, and 1.6 petabytes of ram, running linux... so it can't :(

Juan Ramos

Ha! I think with the amount of orders they are expecting, the servers have all been prepared already.

Collin Biedenkapp
Chief Executive Officer
TFDi Design (Invernyx) | Website

We do not expect problems with the store - there's a lot of horsepower already on tap for it - far far more than we had back when the FS9 400 release crashed it.If the forums do down (which we hope doesn't happen, but it may), go to our facebook page for updates from us. We're pretty sure our users can't crash Facebook. tongue.gif

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

We're pretty sure our users can't crash Facebook. tongue.gif
So I thought about PSN, yet here I sit without it and feel bored on my long haul flights! :Big Grin:Those are some nise videos guys...

Facebook wont crash, that's for sure, BUT your servers.. I hope they don't but i won't put my money on it xDGuys... this release will burn everything to the ground! Avsim forums will crash, pmdg servers will crash, my pc will crash, my credit card, my girlfriend, my cat will crash... my god, this will be biblical xDAnyway... i don't know if you can answer this but... do you host your own servers? or another company host them?

Juan Ramos

Guys... this release will burn everything to the ground! Avsim forums will crash, pmdg servers will crash, my pc will crash, my credit card, my girlfriend, my cat will crash... my god, this will be biblical xD
Just try not to crash the NGX and burn its remaining pieces okay? LOL.gifJust%20Kidding.gif

Matheus Mafra

Just turn off failures in the server's FMC Straight%20Face.gif

Guest dlrk
We do not expect problems with the store - there's a lot of horsepower already on tap for it - far far more than we had back when the FS9 400 release crashed it.If the forums do down (which we hope doesn't happen, but it may), go to our facebook page for updates from us. We're pretty sure our users can't crash Facebook. tongue.gif
What will download speeds be like?