Sign in to follow this  
bosflo

Australia is back on sale

Hey everyone, I see that Australia from Orbx is back on sale. I really want to get this scenery but I have a few questions. I am wondering if any airports or city skyscrapers are included. I know that North Sydney buildings are not in included in default fsx but I was hoping that it is fully detailed in the orbx scenery. I am also planning on buying YSSY eventually when it comes out but is it already highly detailed in Orbx Australia. Basically I am wondering if I buy the scenery will I need to buy other add ons or can I just enjoy everything in one package. Also is there a list of everything that's included in the package such as what has been detailed and what is still default. Thank you guys for any help you can give me.

Well, if you get e. g. the SP4 package (which includes all available regions for Australia) you will get no airports but textures, autogen, roads, coast lines and so on. You could look at it as the basis for all detailed airports and airfields then, offering the VFR ready surrounding which gets enhanced by every additional airport.You will get some freeware airports on the Orbx site and some more on the OZx site, but the major releases like Melbourne are payware of course and come with an even more detailed surrounding, sometimes including the city lines, sometimes not (check the description of each airport for details).If you are into Australia, you should start with the mentioned SP4 package and then explore it together with using the freeware. Here's some more from Anthony. If you then find a nice region where you might need some more detail, check the coverage map for the payware airport locations to catch a view on the available stuff. If you're fast, you may profit from the current sale of course.You have to click a color, e. g. BLUE and then look for that small map shown on the top right. You will then see the available addon airports being marked.The current freeware mostly offers smaller or medium sized fields, all bigger airports are payware only. But nobody holds you back from searching e. g. the Avsim library for some bigger freeware airports which may fit nicely into the basic Orbx scenery. Worth a try then.For future (planned) releases, check this site. YSSY is either way out or not planned, check the Orbx forums for details on the planned stuff since John updates the plans from time to time and explains why this or that field was dropped for example.YSSY is already available from another dev, but I don't know about the prize and quality there.

Ok, thank you so much for your help, You told me everything that I needed to know.