Sign in to follow this  
Guest RobertK

WHAT THE ????????

".....you DO NOT have the right to define someone elses work as not being of payware quality AS YOU HAVE NOT PAID for the said product and you base your opinion solely on a JPG image."Let me preface this by saying I am glad you have an opinion--so many people can't make up their minds about anything these days and seldom take any side of the coin.Having said that--You mean you have to pay for a product to express an opinion about it? Does experience in the hobby count for anything? I stand by my support for Dan--people come to this forum looking for opinions. I've never paid for PMDG's product, but if I were asked, I'd say it looks like a duck and walks like a duck--thus it is....a very good duck. Seems one of the best packages out there, and I've been flying flightsim related products for 20+ years now.If someone asked my opinion of what Dan pointed out, I'd say that looks like a duck and walks like a duck--but a very bad one. IN MY EXPERIENCE (it's in CAPS not to be "in your face", but just to emphasize) products presented in that manner are nothing but a get a quick buck scheme.I never bought a Yugo, but I have had enough exposure to cars to know that I wouldn't have suggested someone buy one if asked. And if I belonged to a car forum in those days, I might have very well said "watch out for this one"....I don't listen to Marilyn Manson, but if some adult came and asked my opinion of whether their seven year old should buy an album--well let's just say I don't have to buy every album in that artist's library to offer an opinion. My opinion, having seen the link Dan provided, is the package looks like someone trying to hustle a quick buck.

Guest danowat

Woh there OHN, I have brought quite a bit from Simmarket, and have always found their service to be very good.Although judging from this addon I believe that they may need to vet the addons a little closer.I am in discussion with them at the moment to find out what their refund policy is, I think I am gonna get this thing and see what its like, because from the supplied JPG's in looks like blatant misadvertising.I have also E-mailed the author and asked for some better screenshots, so I can make a better decision.Dan.

I visited the person whos selling this liverys site, and the only thread at hes forum is from a guy accusing him from stealing someone elses textures.So something is smelling here.OHN

"Woh there OHN, I have brought quite a bit from Simmarket, and have always found their service to be very good.I have bought many addons from simmarket too, but this tells me that they dont have much knowledge about what they are selling, this should simply not have happent.OHN

Guest danowat

Right I got it, OH MY GOD, what a pile of crap, it IS FFX's model, and the textures are appaling, simmarket have done themselves a great diserviceDan.

Guest RobertK

>Hi all,>>Please check out this link:>>http://secure.simmarket.com/product_review...products_id=643I find the second review to be especially interesting..."And thats not your textures! Thats mine and can be found at flightsim.no! here : http://flightsim.no/cgi-bin/file/search.cg...=FFXB735BU.zip+ So please remove this sale! And a second thing! The FFX 745 is freeware!"Regards,Robert

It appears the guy removed it or SimMarket yanked it. I can't find it anymore. John

Guest danowat

Hi,Yes it was removed, the product was the freeware FFX model with a very poor repaint tacked on.FFX knew nothing about this, so it was an illegal move by the author, who is now stating that it was a PR stunt and has not done anything illegal, LOL.Simmarket removed the file after some "pressure" by some people, but it shows how easy it is to sell something that is not yours, it seems that simmarket never vetted this product before offering it for sale.Dan.