Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

Are we bored of MS Flight yet ?

Just thought I'd throw that out there.... That's how I feel anyway. Same drivel, same questions, same stupid arguments. :( This forum needs some serious fresh meat :(

Just like FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, FSX, XPlane 9, and X Plane 10. Watch Groundhog Day and you'll understand.

Watch Groundhog Day and you'll understand.
Didn't you just say that ???? :(

Watch Groundhog Day and you'll understand. :(

I agree...the meat we have been given is starting to rot. We need some fresh, less chewy meat. :(

Brandon Filer

Coming Soon! It's a secret and we can't tell you! It is all protected by NADA's and the NADA's prevent us from telling you there are NADA's. I swear this hobbie reminds me of my Air Force days......"The secrecy of our work prevents us from knowing what we are doing." Other than the young folks with their cell phones, we just have to be the worse consummers on earth. LOL!! and yes I are one too :( :(

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

Coming Soon! It's a secret and we can't tell you! It is all protected by NADA's and the NADA's prevent us from telling you there are NADA's. I swear this hobbie reminds me of my Air Force days......"The secrecy of our work prevents us from knowing what we are doing." Other than the young folks with their cell phones, we just have to be the worse consummers on earth. LOL!! and yes I are one too :( :(
We cannot confirm or deny any details about MS Flight which may or may not be in development. The announcement of MS Flight may or may not be true and the lack of any substantial details to date may or may not be an indication that further development may or may not be terminated. We may or may not provide further updates.

Dont know...so far i play FS9. Sometimes i look at this forum to see id there is any news. I also look at the flight page but its silent. As i understand Aerosoft also had ideas to create a flightsim but that forum also died. Probably all have been said so far...If MS isnt giving any news how are we suppose to create good posts?

Imagine them, and then wish upon a falling star, over the rainbow.

<RANT/ENABLE>Here's the question. Who the heck is Microsoft hiding FLIGHT from? The competition? What competition? What the heck is the purpose of a FLIGHT NDA? And even if you did break the NDA and ran screaming to Activision or some other game manufacturers with all of FLIGHT's secrets, do you know what they would say? Nothing - they would be too busy laughing to tell you to get out.I could see if Flight Sim was as popular as MMORPGs like WOW and Microsoft was coming out with a new WOW competitor and they didn't want Blizzard or the other MMORPG developers to steal their ideas...fine. But this is Flight Simulation people. No one cares except the handful of people here on the FS Geek forums - and none of us are competitors to Microsoft.I just never got all the secrecy surrounding MSFS. Who are all these Flight Simulator competitors just waiting to find out if the next version of FLIGHT has sloped runways or accurate ATC so they can rush out and copy it? The only thing NDAs surrounding MSFS had done is build up everyone's expectations and speculations surrounding the next release then then POW, release day and everyone screams bloody murder as they try to tweak the sim to double the 2 FPS on your current system. And now look. The last post on the FLIGHT website was back in February. The Microsoft NDA is so secretive that even the developers can't get access to the product! B) Microsoft needs to drop this NDA nonesense and open up to the community. Besides as Jim pointed out, its not like they really listen to the people under NDA anyway. What's the purpose of an NDA as restrictive as a SEAL Black OPS mission when there's no one to hide the product from in the first place??? :( <QUIT/RANT>

Here's the question. Who the heck is Microsoft hiding FLIGHT from? ...
...from us ;) 100%Do you remember the 'Magic' DX10 preview screenshots? :)Published info has to be really carefully scrutinized....in case there are changes - and there always are.Many folks will understand if a feature doesn't materialize...others won't and get very angry ;)So (all) developers need to be tight-lipped.I think ACES tried to open that up a bit...but IMO it cost them.As you know, non-disclosure isn’t an MS thing; it is part of lot's of businesses.Lot's of employees and volunteers are obligated not to discuss things.

Mike,The Legal Department has a high level of influence at MS. Developers/Testers attempt to follow the NDAs becuase we wish to remain in the good graces of MS because there is a certain amount of information that is gained from being a part of the beta/testing process.Information is held back because this community is so gun hoe on the idea that once something is out there, there is no turning back, it has to be true, it has to remain so, it cannot be changed or modified, and if it isn't so, they'll be heck to pay.So MS releases nothing to shut up the: you promissed, you said, you showed, you suggested, you posted, you videoed, you get the idea, people.

Mike, this time the difference is the fact that the dev. are in bed with MS.A lot of peoples are involved now (devs.) so if they want to have their addons ready for the opening of the market store (addons testing bla bla bla) they have to be under a NDA, MS want to make sure no leak will come from them.There is another dev. who was talking about making a new sim., I think they have pull out the section on their forum where they were talking about their new upcoming sim., that does not mean that they have killed that project by doing so, maybe they were just tired about the fact that they had to deal with all kind of questions from their members or they "wanna" wait and drop a bombshell on us only when their product is ready for release? I can understand MS asking for a NDA from who ever is involved with the project.We have already discovered a lot of stuff about Flight and I think MS is scratching their head trying to find out how come we know that much :( and that may be one of the reason they slowed down on the info.I know a lot of peoples have changed their opinion about how the sim. should be since the first time MS announced Flight, not to many peoples still belive in a brand new engine out of the box including 64-bit with DX11 and hyperthreading.Here Phil talked (in is 3rd progress report) about DX10 and how it was suppose to be (17% faster) so that is why I said from the beginning that if MS fix DX10 in the FSX engine it will be a good one for Flight and that is why we will have DX10 in Flight http://blogs.msdn.co...-wednesday.aspx by the way read the 4th answer Phil gave to a member..... SLI/CPU...:( So MS is trying to play it safe by not releasing to much, always remember this picture here, they got nailed and screamed at because of it after FSX was released...flightsimulatordx10_499.jpg?1241331983If MS want to throw a monkey wrench at us they need at least 1 > 2 more years and built a brand new engine..."ain't gonna" happen.

Mike, this time the difference is the fact that the dev. are in bed with MS.A lot of peoples are involved now (devs.) so if they want to have their addons ready for the opening of the market store (addons testing bla bla bla) they have to be under a NDA,
How do we know for sure that this is definitely the case given that even if the devs were in bed with Microsoft, they couldn't tell anyone? Have you not just proved the futility of the NDA then? :-) Something must have leaked somewhere..... :-)

It's just his opinion, which is allowed, but not to be taken as gospel truth.And please don't point to anything that was posted and removed last August at ORBIX because we have already gone over that in another thread here.If you can post new proof then I am all ears.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.