Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

Are we bored of MS Flight yet ?

It's just his opinion, which is allowed, but not to be taken as gospel truth.And please don't point to anything that was posted and removed last August at ORBIX because we have already gone over that in another thread here.If you can post new proof then I am all ears.
Just my opinion of course....I can't post something that was removed can I? What ever I posted still there or (with all due respect) can you show me what was removed...New proof is getting harder to get as MS is tightening the flow of information....:(

It's just his opinion, which is allowed, but not to be taken as gospel truth.And please don't point to anything that was posted and removed last August at ORBIX because we have already gone over that in another thread here.If you can post new proof then I am all ears.
Of course opinions are allowed. This entire forum is one massive opinion, is it not ?It's just that it was stated as a fact when Alain said ' Mike, this time the difference is the fact that the dev. are in bed with MS .

edit: I think there’s some speculation out there that kind of reads like insider info, but isn't :(

Of course opinions are allowed. This entire forum is one massive opinion, is it not ?It's just that it was stated as a fact when Alain said ' Mike, this time the difference is the fact that the dev. are in bed with MS .
Let me explain why I said that, in one of my past line of work we had to be aware of our surrounding and look at all the clues left to try to put together all pieces of the puzzle, we also had to rely on co-workers opinion or leads and sometimes info from anonymous peoples, nothing was left unturned, we looked at plausible scenario and at the wildest one, one thing leading to another, sometimes we ended up in a "cul de sac" but at the end we were able to put all the pieces of the puzzle together and do what we had to do.We can also apply the same principles to what we can read so far from MS, what is posted on some forums, also what is said in a post when digging for info. like I did at Nvidia forums, you take all the info you have and look at what does make sense and what does not and from there you can make your own conclusion.Lets just take the market store for example knowing one will be open.1: Does it make sense to release Flight with an empty store?2: If the SDK is giving to the dev. only when Flight is released how long will it take for the dev. to make "APPROVED BY MS" addons to be sold in the store, does this make sense?3: If addons are to be sold in the store when Flight is released does that mean the dev. already have the SDK for building and testing addons?4: Why opening a market store if all FSX addons are compatible with Flight?5: Looking at the pics. and the vid. of Hawaii released by MS what are the probability that the same quality and detailed scenery of Hawaii (including the main airport) will be seen all over Flight's world compare to the probability of that scenery been an addons from a dev? Asking questions like that and looking at what's the most plausible scenario lead me to believe that the dev. are in bed with MS.I do not preach gospel and I don't think I'm off my rockers.

edit: I think there’s some speculation out there that kind of reads like insider info, but isn't :(
Maybe maybe not, but if some speculations were insiders info do you think the person posting the info would be stupid enough to tell the info he received come from the inside? I would not.

Which now makes it pure speculation again!!The wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round, round and round. The wheels on the bus go round and round, all through the town.

Which now makes it pure speculation again!!The wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round, round and round. The wheels on the bus go round and round, all through the town.
Exactly, it's more fun keeping peoples guessing, is it what it is or is it not.....:( wait wait... was everything I said in every posts I made all pure speculations :( ?

Let me explain why I said that, in one of my past line of work we had to be aware of our surrounding and look at all the clues left to try to put together all pieces of the puzzle, we also had to rely on co-workers opinion or leads and sometimes info from anonymous peoples, nothing was left unturned, we looked at plausible scenario and at the wildest one, one thing leading to another, sometimes we ended up in a "cul de sac" but at the end we were able to put all the pieces of the puzzle together and do what we had to do.We can also apply the same principles to what we can read so far from MS, what is posted on some forums, also what is said in a post when digging for info. like I did at Nvidia forums, you take all the info you have and look at what does make sense and what does not and from there you can make your own conclusion.Lets just take the market store for example knowing one will be open.1: Does it make sense to release Flight with an empty store?2: If the SDK is giving to the dev. only when Flight is released how long will it take for the dev. to make "APPROVED BY MS" addons to be sold in the store, does this make sense?3: If addons are to be sold in the store when Flight is released does that mean the dev. already have the SDK for building and testing addons?4: Why opening a market store if all FSX addons are compatible with Flight?5: Looking at the pics. and the vid. of Hawaii released by MS what are the probability that the same quality and detailed scenery of Hawaii (including the main airport) will be seen all over Flight's world compare to the probability of that scenery been an addons from a dev? Asking questions like that and looking at what's the most plausible scenario lead me to believe that the dev. are in bed with MS.I do not preach gospel and I don't think I'm off my rockers.
I'm pretty tired of hearing the phrase, "the dev. are in bed with MS." There is no such thing as a dev, only a developer. :( It is possible that Flight's SDK design team is talking to add-on companies, as that was one of the tasks listed in the ad for a job as the Flight SDK manager. It is not a fact that this is happening, only an educated guess.

Brandon Filer

I'm pretty tired of hearing the phrase, "the dev. are in bed with MS." There is no such thing as a dev, only a developer. :( It is possible that Flight's SDK design team is talking to add-on companies, as that was one of the tasks listed in the ad for a job as the Flight SDK manager. It is not a fact that this is happening, only an educated guess.
Are you sure it's not "I'm pretty tired of reading the phrase"......:( There is no such thing as hearing what you'r reading..B) ...not an educated guess, just a fact. :(

Are you sure it's not "I'm pretty tired of reading the phrase"......:( There is no such thing as hearing what you'r reading..B) ...not an educated guess, just a fact. :(
I hear it in my mind when I read it. :(

Brandon Filer

Jim, I won't make any pretense of being among the elite of developers, but I do have extensive contact -as do you I'm certain- with others in the development community.Every single NDA I've ever seen from MS has been very, very precise about the restrictions imposed, including the familiar "neither confirm nor deny" condition during the term limit of the NDA's enforcement. Most have an expiry date, such as the one from "DevCon '05," and yes I do proudly wear my tee-shirt now! :( However no one is prohibited from saying they have not signed an NDA, if in fact they have NOT!So when I ask fellow developers about any current NDA and get a very emphatic "No!" in reply, I'm pretty confident that I can take that to the bank. :(

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.