Sign in to follow this  
northridge

Turn off AutoPIlot warming

I was sure I had asked this here before (and since forgotten the answer) but I cant find it.How do you turn off the charming lady after disconnecting the AP? Tried everything I could think of except reading the manual from start to finish.

Press "Z" again in your keyboard. That will disable the warning. When you disconnet the A/P, you have to press the disconnect command twice. The first time is to effectively disconnect the A/P and the second is to cancel the warning.

Matheus Mafra

Just press the AP disconnect button a second time.

I just love this sound. I need to listen to it at least ten times before turning it off... :(

Joona Väisänen

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

The manual for switch selections says that Z is an on/off switch so when you hit it twice arent you just restart AP again? the first time turns off Ap so you hear that continuous screech but wether you just hit z again or press the autofly button on the panel you are effectively just turning the AP on again. So the good lady goes for coffee,thank goodness.

And before someone jumps on me and says the AP doesnt engage until up in the air so this works when you are on the ground after taxiing, I realize all that-however how the heck do you shut her off when you are up 10,000 feet and you want to do some manual flying?- if you hit the AP disable buttons or switches all you do is kick the AP right back on again which is what you are trying not to do- so she just keeps screaming away.- Carolyn D

And before someone jumps on me and says the AP doesnt engage until up in the air so this works when you are on the ground after taxiing, I realize all that-however how the heck do you shut her off when you are up 10,000 feet and you want to do some manual flying?- if you hit the AP disable buttons or switches all you do is kick the AP right back on again which is what you are trying not to do- so she just keeps screaming away.-
Carolyn, hitting the AP disconnect button a second time does NOT re-engage the autopilot. It will only re-engage if you hit AUTO FLIGHT again.Pressing the AP disconnect button a second time is the correct procedure (which is the same as the Z-key). Works exactly as on the real aircraft. Regards,Markus