Sign in to follow this  
Guest aonyn

White film over hilly regions - PROBLEM?

Guest sgilston

Hi,If you guys have a look at the attached file, you will see a flat white film effect covering over the ground. I get this all the time. It's nothing to do with any add on scenery or clouds as it was happening with a fresh install.Just for you techies, my spec is.P4 2.4GhzWindows XP Professional1Gb RAMNVIDIA GeForce FX5600 (with latest driver and patch)Sounblaster Live 5.1 (with latest drivers and patch)40Gb IBM Deskstar HDD Anyone ever seen anything like this before, if is supposed to be a layer of fog then it's very crap and unrealistic the way it just stops like that. It seems to only affect ground up to a certain height too...

Guest sgilston

I dunno if the attachment worked, it should be here.EDITED.... IMAGE SIZE VIOLATES FORUM POLICY

Guest cliffp

I see this often. I believe it to be overcast with the mountain tops sticking out above the overcast. Check your weather and see what the tops are on lower level of clouds. My computer specs different products but similar capacity. I think it is normal default weather. Also are you using real time weather? Play around with the weather settings to see what changes.Cliff

Guest aonyn

That is indeed Microsoft's idea of fog. It would probably not be so bad if they just feathered the edges a bit.