Sign in to follow this  
byork

What's coming up in V1.1

Everyone,IFly should be releasing their FSX version pretty soon, and I'll be releasing V1.1 shortly afterwards.There weren't many bugs in the current voice version, but the ones that were reported I fixed.Most notable new command:"Cancel last command".... Used to stop the the FO from setting HDG, ALT, Speed, Course values in the MCP if the FO somehow hears a wrong value"... ie,, "Set Altitude 100 feet".Cheers,

Bryan,will the center fuel pumps modification also already be included in V1.1? And if yes in which way?Thanks,Holger

Bryan,will the center fuel pumps modification also already be included in V1.1? And if yes in which way?Thanks,Holger
I knew you were going to ask about that, Holger :( I'm deferring that for now.The way we're currently doing it is procedurally correct with respect to the airline specific (fuel pump systems) options modeled in the iFly 737NG.Cheers,

I knew you were going to ask about that, Holger :( I'm deferring that for now.The way we're currently doing it is procedurally correct with respect to the airline specific (fuel pump systems) options modeled in the iFly 737NG.Cheers,
So you have change your mind, I could not know it. To be earnest I´m very disappointed at this point as you already said you will consider my request. As I have said several times before, my request is absolutely practible with the actual IFLY fuel system logic.Center Tank empty - Center Pumps off (the same procedure as you can see in most of the real ones, except the older ones)Probably you can´t understand why it is so important for me but when you jump seating the NG you got a complete different view!Currently I have to re-switch the pumps on for TO and re-switch on as well when FO turn it off after passing less then 500kg .... This is indeed very annoying!Holger :(

So you have change your mind, I could not know it. To be earnest I´m very disappointed at this point as you already said you will consider my request. As I have said several times before, my request is absolutely practible with the actual IFLY fuel system logic.Center Tank empty - Center Pumps off (the same procedure as you can see in most of the real ones, except the older ones)Probably you can´t understand why it is so important for me but when you jump seating the NG you got a complete different view!Currently I have to re-switch the pumps on for TO and re-switch on as well when FO turn it off after passing less then 500kg .... This is indeed very annoying!Holger :(
Holger,Defer means delay.I'm sorry, not to diminish your jump seat experience, but I have to take the word of my real-world B737 Capt over yours. In the context of the iFly's fuel pump system, the way FS2Crew models it is technically accurate.If you can't wait, I can create a customized version of FS2Crew just for you incorporating your desired fuel pump operation, but that won't be cheap to do.Cheers,

Sorry Bryan,I skip the word "defer"...Don´t get me wrong! I don´t say that the current fuel pumps procedures of fs2crew are wrong althoug I don´t think that you get that orange config warning (center fuel indication / EICAS) in the older NG´s when you turn off the center pump for TO. But I´m not sure on this item as I only have been on jump seats on NG´s with the newer fule pumps.All I want is a option that...1. FO turn off the Center Fuel Pumps when the Center tank completely exhausted 2. FO remains the Center Fuel Pumps on for TOBoth requests are conform with the current fuel logic of the IFLY 737 simulation!If my request means a huge workload so a simple bypass of this special fuel pumps functions would also be fine with me. Probably there is a way I can do it myselve and we can discuss it via PM?Thanks,Holger

Hi Bryan,will there be a solution for the flaps/speedbrake issue (when they are running over FSUIPC) in V1.1 or maybe later?thanksStefan

Sorry Bryan,I skip the word "defer"...Don´t get me wrong! I don´t say that the current fuel pumps procedures of fs2crew are wrong althoug I don´t think that you get that orange config warning (center fuel indication / EICAS) in the older NG´s when you turn off the center pump for TO. But I´m not sure on this item as I only have been on jump seats on NG´s with the newer fule pumps.All I want is a option that...1. FO turn off the Center Fuel Pumps when the Center tank completely exhausted 2. FO remains the Center Fuel Pumps on for TOBoth requests are conform with the current fuel logic of the IFLY 737 simulation!If my request means a huge workload so a simple bypass of this special fuel pumps functions would also be fine with me. Probably there is a way I can do it myselve and we can discuss it via PM?Thanks,Holger
Hi Holger,You can't modify the source code unless you reverse engineer the source code.If you want a customized version of FS2Crew that matches your own personal SOPs, PM me, but it won't be free.

Hi Bryan,will there be a solution for the flaps/speedbrake issue (when they are running over FSUIPC) in V1.1 or maybe later?thanksStefan
There's no known fix for that... I send the command via the iFly SDK to position the flaps, etc. It's dead simple I'm not sure why FSUIPC doesn't like it.I'll ask Pete Dowson.Cheers,

I'm not sure exactly what triggers the last cabin crew call upon approach ("We will collect all items you wish to discard...") but it feels like it's calling way too late, around 5000ft descending.Would it be possible to play this earlier? During several flights, I feel it's playing very late, sometimes even before "Cabin crew, take your seats" on high altitude approaches.(Apart from this, thanks for a superb product!)