Sign in to follow this  
Jordan1995

Terminal Area FPS Drop

Does Anybody Else Have A Fps Drop When Looking At the Terminal Araa With FlyTampa Tampa Rebooted Or FsdreamTeam New YorkNail%20Biting.gifAlso Any Preformance Help Would Be Nice Thanksbiggrin.gif

Hi Jordan Dependent on your computer specs a slight or big frame drop is always to be expected at payware/addon airports, it's just that they are a lot more detailed than the default ones. Also AI have a negative effect at airports etc, you could try reducing the number of AI aircraft and see if that helps. New York area is always a frame rate hog even at FL 290 let alone ground level. I have computer specs similar to yours, and suffer from a slight frame drop at FT Tampav2. You could always check FT, Dreamteams forum see if they have any advice.As for the performance improvement, try searching for FS9 tweaks in this forum it may be what you are looking for.RegardsNic

I agree with what Nic has to suggest. I will add one more detrimental factor to FPS - Weather. It plays a huge role and is often neglected. Try clearing up your weather and you'll definitely score more FPS. Cheers,Karan

Hi Jordan Dependent on your computer specs a slight or big frame drop is always to be expected at payware/addon airports, it's just that they are a lot more detailed than the default ones. Also AI have a negative effect at airports etc, you could try reducing the number of AI aircraft and see if that helps. New York area is always a frame rate hog even at FL 290 let alone ground level. I have computer specs similar to yours, and suffer from a slight frame drop at FT Tampav2. You could always check FT, Dreamteams forum see if they have any advice.As for the performance improvement, try searching for FS9 tweaks in this forum it may be what you are looking for.RegardsNic
Thanks For the Help..... Nice to Know Someone Who Has the Same Specs.... Have You Tweaked Your CFG??
I agree with what Nic has to suggest. I will add one more detrimental factor to FPS - Weather. It plays a huge role and is often neglected. Try clearing up your weather and you'll definitely score more FPS. Cheers,Karan
Thanks Nice To See Another Simmer From Thats In the UAE Thought I Was The Only One Lol

Oh there are plenty of us strategically placed all over the forums ;)

Jordan I have tweaked my CFG file many times but probably the best tweak has been the tweaks I made as a result of this post.http://forum.avsim.net/topic/329728-possible-new-tweak-for-fs9/Less blurries and a much more crisp image in general. The post is about 6 pages long so give it a read and try the suggestions.RegardsNic

Jordan I have tweaked my CFG file many times but probably the best tweak has been the tweaks I made as a result of this post.http://forum.avsim.n...-tweak-for-fs9/Less blurries and a much more crisp image in general. The post is about 6 pages long so give it a read and try the suggestions.RegardsNic
Thanks Alot I Look Over it This Weekend

Does Anybody Else Have A Fps Drop When Looking At the Terminal Araa With FlyTampa Tampa Rebooted Or FsdreamTeam New YorkNail%20Biting.gifAlso Any Preformance Help Would Be Nice Thanksbiggrin.gif
Seems that would be expected with a laptop and that processor. I have a laptop with very similar specs and never could get FS9 where I wanted it, though it was well enough for traveling. FS9, albeit over 7 now, can push even the latest processors with traffic/scenery/complex aircraft.The 9300M, being a mobile chip, will also have quite a time with high quality clouds and/or high IQ settings. Try lower anti-aliasing settings. That helped me tremendously on my lappy.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules