Sign in to follow this  
ginger1

norway airports

Hi,Can any one help re latest version of norway airports,On there site are all the afcads last updated 2005 do i still use these,cant find any later ones, the airport package i hve is 2009.i tried to install afcads as per instructions but they dont seem to work.Fist flight was to/from ENML,on take of from rw7 near turning area i end up in sea!!.Ai taxi on grass.Would be grateful for any help as i am no expert .Regards,Richard.

You need to provide a link to the package and developer site. There are too many topics under just Norway airports.What you described is a mismatched afcad file problem.

You need to provide a link to the package and developer site. There are too many topics under just Norway airports.What you described is a mismatched afcad file problem.
http://www.flightsim.com/kdl.php?fid=141917Hi thanks for reply above is the zip i installed.www.flightsim.no/norway/naframe_e.php?del=nytt_e is there web site,forum seems all norwegian.RegardsRichard.

http://www.flightsim.com/kdl.php?fid=141917Hi thanks for reply above is the zip i installed.www.flightsim.no/norway/naframe_e.php?del=nytt_e is there web site,forum seems all norwegian.RegardsRichard.
I made a separate folder for the Norwegian afcad files and placed it below the Norwegian airports and this seems to work fine.Here's what that section of my scenery.cfg looks like:[Area.151]Title=Norwegian AFCADSActive=TRUELayer=151Required=FALSELocal=Addon Scenery\Norwegian AFCADS[Area.152]Title=Norwegian airportsActive=TRUELayer=152Required=FALSELocal=Addon Scenery\Norwegian airportsThe AFCAD folder should only have a Scenery folder inside (where all the AF2 files will be), no Texture folder because that would cause a memory leek.

Hi RichardIf you add the Google toolbar to Internet Explorer, there is a translator on that which is pretty good and should do the trick for you! I often use it for various non-english language flightsim sites and it will even make a reasonable attempt at Russian (AvsimRus have some good stuff)!Regards,Bill

Hi RichardIf you add the Google toolbar to Internet Explorer, there is a translator on that which is pretty good and should do the trick for you! I often use it for various non-english language flightsim sites and it will even make a reasonable attempt at Russian (AvsimRus have some good stuff)!Regards,Bill
thanks will check that.Richard

thanks will check that.Richard
I do have the AFCADs working with Norway airports but several of them are very poorly matched to the scenery. It's a shame as some of the scenery files are excellent and it's a great country to fly in... Could be an outstanding package if the AFCADs were up to the same standard as the sceneries

I do have the AFCADs working with Norway airports but several of them are very poorly matched to the scenery. It's a shame as some of the scenery files are excellent and it's a great country to fly in... Could be an outstanding package if the AFCADs were up to the same standard as the sceneries
Yes its a good package, but the AFCADs!.I didnt know if they worked or not,i have them installed as per previous poster.It was that i was trying a flight from oslo to aro/enml.and the aircraft was in a hill in one of the parking bays at enml,and when turning at the end of rw 07 i ended up in the water (through the runway)I found another enml afcad that sorts out parking but dosnt fix runway issue, just minor errors i suppose but great scenery.

I made a separate folder for the Norwegian afcad files and placed it below the Norwegian airports and this seems to work fine.Here's what that section of my scenery.cfg looks like:[Area.151]Title=Norwegian AFCADSActive=TRUELayer=151Required=FALSELocal=Addon Scenery\Norwegian AFCADS[Area.152]Title=Norwegian airportsActive=TRUELayer=152Required=FALSELocal=Addon Scenery\Norwegian airportsThe AFCAD folder should only have a Scenery folder inside (where all the AF2 files will be), no Texture folder because that would cause a memory leek.
Hi Thanks think i have it ok just some of the afcads dont seem to workThanks.Richard