I am wanting to purhcase a new computer for FSX and want to use some add on's. I am just wondering whether this computer would be good enough

Case PCS MAELSTROM T900 BLACK GAMING CASE

Overclocked CPU Overclocked Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core (3.40GHz @ max 4.80GHz)

Motherboard ASUS® P8P67 (NEW REV 3.0): USB 3.0, SATA 6.0GB/s, CrossFireX™

Memory (RAM) 4GB KINGSTON HYPER-X SPECIAL EDITION GREY - DDR3 1600MHz (2 x

2GB KIT)

Graphics Card 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX560 Ti - 2 DVI,HDMI,VGA - DX® 11, 3D Vision

Ready

Memory - 1st Hard Disk 500GB SERIAL ATA 3-Gb/s HARD DRIVE WITH 8MB CACHE (7,200rpm)

1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive 24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM

Memory Card Reader INTERNAL 52 IN 1 CARD READER (XD, MS, CF, SD, etc) + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT

Power Supply CORSAIR 650W TX SERIES (TX650) 80+ ULTRA QUIET PSU (£72)

Processor Cooling COOLIT ECO A.L.C (ADVANCED LIQUID COOLER) (£49)

Thermal Paste ARCTIC COOLING MX-3 HIGH THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND (£9)

Sound Card ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)

Network Facilities ONBOARD 10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT - AS STANDARD ON ALL PCs

USB Options 6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS STANDARDThanks

Yeah decent - looks like a store bought PC though/pres-assembled. As long as you can overclock it (aka access and change BIOS settings) you should be good to go.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Thanks for replying, do you think it would be better if i self built the computer myself. Also is it hard to overlclock the computer to its max. Thanks Chris

Thanks for replying, do you think it would be better if i self built the computer myself. Also is it hard to overlclock the computer to its max. Thanks Chris
The tricky part is recognizing the "max", and then accepting that "max".

Guest firehawk44

Thermal Paste ARCTIC COOLING MX-3 HIGH THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND (£9)

"Thanks for replying, do you think it would be better if i self built the computer myself. Also is it hard to overlclock the computer to its max." It appears in your OP it is not pre-built in that it includes the thermal paste. A self-built computer is usually cheaper than buying a pre-built computer. There are a lot of sites on the Internet on overclocking this CPU and ASUS MB and most say it is easy to overclock. To get to 4.8GHz and keep that speed stable is difficult if you're not really knowledgeable of computers and, therefore, it may cause one a lot of frustrations. I had mine stable at 4.8GHz for a long time and even tested the settings through Prime95, 3DMark11 and other stability testing programs and my system/settings were stable according to the tests. However, out of the clear blue sky I got a BSOD so I went back to the default optimized BIOS settings and will try again for stability when I find time. It could have been simply a corrupted driver but, in any case, FSX runs great with the stablized default optimized BIOS settings. The BIOS also has a Normal and Extreme automatic setting too so you should have no problem running FSX with the automatic settings ASUS incorporated in their BIOS. If you want to go up to 4.8GHz, you'll have to do some research and maybe prepare for some frustrations.Best regards,Jim

Thanks for that information i think i am going to look at building the computer myself. Do you find you get good frame rates with your computer on add on's such as PMDG and what grahpics gard would you recommend . Thanks

"Thanks for replying, do you think it would be better if i self built the computer myself. Also is it hard to overlclock the computer to its max." It appears in your OP it is not pre-built in that it includes the thermal paste. A self-built computer is usually cheaper than buying a pre-built computer. There are a lot of sites on the Internet on overclocking this CPU and ASUS MB and most say it is easy to overclock. To get to 4.8GHz and keep that speed stable is difficult if you're not really knowledgeable of computers and, therefore, it may cause one a lot of frustrations. I had mine stable at 4.8GHz for a long time and even tested the settings through Prime95, 3DMark11 and other stability testing programs and my system/settings were stable according to the tests. However, out of the clear blue sky I got a BSOD so I went back to the default optimized BIOS settings and will try again for stability when I find time. It could have been simply a corrupted driver but, in any case, FSX runs great with the stablized default optimized BIOS settings. The BIOS also has a Normal and Extreme automatic setting too so you should have no problem running FSX with the automatic settings ASUS incorporated in their BIOS. If you want to go up to 4.8GHz, you'll have to do some research and maybe prepare for some frustrations.Best regards,Jim