Sign in to follow this  
t_a_h

Where to fly SingleProp GA for most difficult area&Approach?

Where to fly SingleProp GA for most difficult area, takeoff&approach?Just if you have some money and can rive where you want to get a a/c and have some tough fun, where would you go for?

Where to fly SingleProp GA for most difficult area, takeoff&approach?Just if you have some money and can rive where you want to get a a/c and have some tough fun, where would you go for?
Try some "back woods" instrument approaches in low weather... In mountainous terrain. Always interesting. The Appalachians, Rockies, etc. I prefer my own North Carolina Appalachian Mountains in conjunction with FSGenesis' mesh. Things can get pretty interesting sometimes, even with a sound knowledge of procedures.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Try LDA/DME at KEGE.Try LOC/DME BC-B at KMFR which ca be both DME arc and backward approach.

Guest bstolle

That's an easy one. Courchevel (LFLJ) in the french alps. There is a good freeware scenery and a very good (cheap) payware version available. (The default runway isn't usable as it's flat.)

That's an easy one. Courchevel (LFLJ) in the french alps. There is a good freeware scenery and a very good (cheap) payware version available. (The default runway isn't usable as it's flat.)
2Try also the approach to Lukla VNLK at 9100 feet, in windy weather and low visibility. The take-off may be easier...You could also try looking for narrow runways right next to water and have a go at them with strong crosswinds, but I think ultimately anywhere in mountainous terrain and at a high altitude will be a bit of a test.Regards,D

that's all? No other tipps where to get challenge airports?

Guest bstolle
Have you tried the mentioned ones already ?

If that's not enough, maybe you should use some good ole' creativity? Imaginaaaationnnn. (To the Southpark viewers)

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

I've landed on roads, fields and mountain tops in airplanes. They aren't listed airports but much more challenging.

Hi.I thought about this again for a while (seconds) at the weekend and reckon you might get more information out of the Bush Flying forums. Those people are completely insane and go looking for difficult and dangerous approaches in small aircraft.There are plenty of Google results for 'FS difficult approach' but, as I suspect you've already found out, they all seem to apply to big jets. If you turn up anything interesting in another forum, let us know.Regards,D