Sign in to follow this  
Wolfko

HELP NEEDED!! Can't get rid of this nasty effect, however it's called...

Guest Glaudrung

Read something interesting...Which setting... or how can you tell Nvidiacards not to AA the alpha chanels?Indeed AA is killing framerates in Fs9 while anisotropic filtering goes fine...Just curious how to set that card...Luc 'Glaudrung' Brusselmans'Belgium

Guest Paragon

OMG...thanks for link, solved my problems with the jaggies. Went from mip level 1 to 11 with the help of image tool and now all my textures are fine...no jaggies at all...YES!Mikkel

My question was to the poster before you (Daniel) and was ment to be ironical. He suggested the type of monitor you use could cause the zaggies. But if it is the monitor, you could not catch the zaggies on a screenshot. That's what I wanted to point out.

Hello Guys,No no no.... Listen.The problem goes away as soon as you set the Antialiasing 4xSthe "s" makes all the difference!And I have FPS's on the 25-30's at 1600 and almost maxed out.I use the Geforce FX 5900 Ultra-256 MB with drivers 52.16.As this drivers don't give the possibility to set AA 4x S, as the older drivers did, I use a tweaker wich allows me to do so, NV Hardpage, or also Atuner will do.You'll find them here: http://www.3dcenter.org/Happy Antialiased flying!AC5

Would you please explain what is this "S" setting you are using? I'm not Nvidia user but rather Radeon, and if there's possible software cure for this I'd sure like to know!ThxKosta

Hello Word Not Allowed,Well, 4XS is a special anti-aliasing only possible under Direct X, - not open GL - and it is indeed slower than 2x, and 4X, but much much better.I don't know if this setting is possible with the radeon, definitely not with the tweaker NVhardPage I think, but maybe with A tuner or some other Radeon-tweaker.Unfortunately, for some strange bug, I can't take screenshots of FS 2004 in full screen mode, (as you probably know, the quality in this mode is far better). Nevertheless, I have taken a screenshot in windowed mode of one of "my" planes and a shot of my setting in NV hardpage, for you to see what I mean. Even the very very "difficult" livery for the CS 727 American Airlines astrojet (1970) with its fine black lines looks quite O.K. with this settings.Hope this helps.Greetings,AC5

"Unfortunately, for some strange bug, I can't take screenshots of FS 2004 in full screen mode"I've found a bug when forcing AA (vs. using the internal COF AA setting) that screenshots via the printscreen key can't be taken in full screen mode at least on Nvidia cards. But you can take them with the same level of quality by setting your desktop to 32 bit color. Whenever you want to snap a screenshot from COF, Alt/Enter to switch to windowed mode, then hit your printscreen key, etc.... Many desktops are set to 16 bit color by default, which causes loss of quality if you grab a screenshot in the way I describe above...-John