Sign in to follow this  
Guest jahman

MS Flight better Multiplayer Integration

Guest jahman

Suppose MS Flight "better multiplayer integration" means loading avatar passengers (as in Second Life) onto MS Flight passenger aircraft (pilots and flight attendants too!)...Suppose Flight could interface with other VR Sims out there that modelled the Real World ("First Life")...Suppose Flight integrated into that First Life Sim with virtual money, and that passengers would pay for virtual tickets with that virtual money...Suppose those virtual passengers (avatars, each with a real person behind them) boarded the aircraft *you* were flying...Suppose after safely crossing the skies thanks to your piloting skills (and to VATSIM ATC services, natch) you goosed your aircraft onto your destination runway and your passengers all broke-out in spontaneous *real* applause...Wouldn't that make your day?Now suppose your Virtual Airline paid you for your flight with virtual money...Suppose you then moseyed on to the "Last National Sim Bank" and exchanged your virtual currency for real dollars...Suppose you go to your nearest ATM and withdraw your hard-earned money from being a sim-pilot (Or wired it straight through to New-Egg :( )...Wouldn't that make your week?Cheers,- jahman.

Oh noooo!!! Please we don't want that! LOL.gif The only way you could have a game pay out real dollars to play is by having you, the player, invest 100 times more that what you get back. There are tons of games (scams) like that already. If you really want all those things so badly in a flight simulator I think it's time to start thinking about becoming a real commercial pilot.

Suppose pigs could fly.

Suppose pigs could fly.
Then I suppose that you'd better hope that a flock of them doesn't fly over your newly washed car. :(

Suppose pigs could fly and you could fly them on-line?

Suppose pigs could fly and you could fly them on-line?
I suppose it would depend on if its a high fidelity pig or not. Will it have an FMC?

Just the WartHog models would.

Guest jahman

Well, you could make pigs fly in FSX with the right pigas I mean aircraft.cfg. (Four-hoof landings anyone?)Funny how all went straight for the cash part of the idea, but since you did, you may want to read about Second Life's First Millionaire (in real dollars!).More on converting virtual cash to real dollars here.Cheers,- jahman.

Now point us to someone who has cashed in and actually received more than $1.32.

That million dollars didn't appear from nothing (not counting the federal reserve) but from thousands of suckers pouring money into it. I touched on the money because it's the point where it sounds like what you are really saying is "suppose second life included flight simulation" not the other way around.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.