Sign in to follow this  
Dragonmount

FMC problems?

I enter in things clearly in the database... i get the response back "Not in database." So whats the deal? What could the cause be?Patrick Boynton

I enter in things clearly in the database... i get the response back "Not in database." So whats the deal? What could the cause be?Patrick Boynton
What Is Your Airac cycle... Ever Since I Started Using Navigraph and updated my airac cycle mine I Have had No Problems......biggrin.gifHope This Helps http://www.navigraph.com/www/default.asp

Not interested in paying for a fix. If there is not a free one I'll just uninstall and forget this plane.Patrick Boynton
The FMC doesn't need fixing, just that the waypoint you're trying to enter maybe to new for the out of date cycle you are using. If you want to have the current cycle, then just as Jordan says, you may have to join Navigraph. It's not that expensive :biggrin:What are you entering, where and how?If a fix isn't in the database, then you can enter in Lat/Lon format.Buzz

Martin Buzzell

You want me to do what!!!

Email me

Planepath is free. Its out of date, but should be current enough for most needs.

Eric Vander

Pilot and Controller Boston Virtual ATC

KATL - The plural form of cow.

KORD - Something you put in a power socket.

UNIT - Something of measure

My 747 Fuel Calculator

Its not "all of a sudden," you have just been lucky. The data on your version is from 2008 if you have not gotten an update. If you fly in the US, my advice is to go to Planepath and you can get a cycle from last December for free. If you are primarily outside the US, the Navigraph is your only alternative short of doing it yourself.

Eric Vander

My 747 Fuel Calculator

Okay, we have been pushing you to look into an updated cycle, which is not your problem. You want to use the waypoints that are in FSX, but I don't understand the process you are taking. What are your steps for creating your faulty flight plan?The reason Vroute won't work is because Cycle 1105 is different from what you have in the 747. The 747 has its own database which is not FSX or a collective location for all 3rd party products. What Navigraph does is it updates the database in your 747 (and most other 3rd party stuff) to the current cycle. It is possible to use an out of date cycle, the only problem is that when you want to use some of the more recent waypoints, they will not be there.

Eric Vander

My 747 Fuel Calculator

Patrick,Are you getting the error with every waypoint or just specific waypoints along a flightplan? If its all waypoints, then its possible your FSX.exe registry location has been corrupted by something and the FMC can't locate the Navdata files. You can run the F1 Registry tool to repair this as outlined on our support pages. If its only specific waypoints, then the problem is related to the specific navdata files. Waypoint names change with every cycle so it is not uncommon for a waypoint to change from one cycle to another. There are a number of free route planners that you can use to create a route and it honestly shouldn't take you more than 10 minutes to enter the route manually even for a 12 hour leg.

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg

By the way that Navdata thing has cycle 1105... vroute has cycle 1105 why won't vroute work?Patrick Boynton
Because your PMDG 747 nadata base is not the current 1105 cycle, so some of the newer waypoints are not in your PMDG navdata folder. This has nothing to do with the quality of the PMDG 747, and is in no way an error. The fact of the matter is that add-on aircraft manufactures that make aircraft with an MCDU release the aircraft with an AIRAC cycle that is current at the time. As stated before, you may get lucky for awhile, but waypoint names/airways may change over time, and SID/STAR procedures certainly do. To be able to use current waypoints, airways, SID's and STAR's, you must manually edit the navdata (time consuming) or find a free or payware source of navdata information. I use Navigraph updates and get them for my PMDG aircraft, as well as FSBuild. This way I can build a plan in FSBuild and I know for certain that my PMDG navdata information matches what FSBuild is using to make flight plans, and I won't get any errors when entering the flightplan in the MDCU.