Sign in to follow this  
MarkM79

Gigabyte Z68X- UD3/UD7 review

Wow, from the tweaktown article:

because of the decision for GIGABYTE to add the NF200 chip into the mix. What this means is we're able to achieve 16x / 16x on two video cards versus 8x / 8x
yeah, but it's 16x16x at half the speed of 8x8x. so it's the same thing
Of course, if you want to throw a third card into the mix, if you're using a Z68 board that doesn't have the NF200 chip then your first two will run at 8x / 8x as you would expect, but the third will be at 4x.
What? 8x8x4x? there're only 16 lanes in the PCIe controller <_<

I plan to wait for the Intel LGA-2011 based chipset and CPUs arrives Q4 2011. I wan't to experience a significant performance improvement.Going from Athlon 64 FX60 to Intel Dual Core X6800 was nice :Party: Moving from X6800 to i7 940 increased performance a lot :Party: I'll dodge the LGA-1155 SB i2600K B) EDITED: It's smart marketing by MS to realease the low and mid range CPUs before the high end. In this way they will sell LGA-2011 based systems to customers that now have purchased systems based on the low/mid range LGA-1155 socket. :Applause: Just my two cents.

Edited by UlfB

I'm a little ticked that Gigabyte didn't actually replace the standard bios with their new GUI touch bios. Instead, it can only be accessed through Windows. They say that will come eventually... but they also said the P67 boards would eventually get EFI bios. On one hand, I don't really care about EFI bios, but on the other, I really hate resistance to change and advancement (one of my pet peeves, I suppose). I'm tempted to go with a P8Z68 Deluxe instead of a Z68X-UD5.From eTeknix Z68X-UD5 Review:

The Touch BIOS is a nice feature but it's a novel idea and still needs a lot of work. Touch BIOS will be implemented into the proper BIOS at a later date, but for now, it shows a glimpse of what is to offer from a GUI based BIOS interface from Gigabyte, but does have its fair share of problems, but for a new technology i think we may be giving it a bit of a hard time, but criticism of a feature like this is what betters a product as its life goes on.
By the way, here's a good listing of Z68 motherboard reviews: http://www.xtremesys...ad.php?t=270836

Corey Meeks

Flight Simulator - FS2020 | CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Video Card - Sapphire RX 5700 XT Main Board - ASUS ROG Strix X570-I mini-ITX | RAM - G.SKILL Trident Z Neo 2x16Gb DDR4 3600Mhz CL16 | Monitor - DELL 38" U3818DW (3840x1600) | Case - Cooler Master NR200 | CPU Cooling - Noctua NH-U12A | Power Supply - Corsair SF750 | 6x Phanteks T30 120x30mm Fans

Download: FSXMark11 Benchmark and post results here

EDITED: It's smart marketing by MS to realease the low and mid range CPUs before the high end. In this way they will sell LGA-2011 based systems to customers that now have purchased systems based on the low/mid range LGA-1155 socket. :Applause: Just my two cents.
MS makes software, Intel makes chips. I am sure this is a typo on your part but just in case....

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

MS makes software, Intel makes chips. I am sure this is a typo on your part but just in case....
:biggrin: That must have been a Freudian slip or maybe a senior moment. Intel it should be.