Sign in to follow this  
Tomaz Drnovsek

34 is grater than 0

Yesterday after installing the Australia portion of FTX (damn those sales) when I started FSX, just after scenery rebuilding at the beginning an error box poped-up over FSX splash screen saying:"34.00000000000000000000 is grater than 0.00000000000000000000" (not sure I got the right number of zeros). The titlebar just said "Error". Of course I got sick immediately, almost called to work and took 14 days off, than I calm myself since that's the only good way to solve problems, restarted the machine and the error was gone. FSX started up normally. Anybody got this error before? What's it about? 34 is grater than 0. :(

Yesterday after installing the Australia portion of FTX (damn those sales) when I started FSX, just after scenery rebuilding at the beginning an error box poped-up over FSX splash screen saying:"34.00000000000000000000 is grater than 0.00000000000000000000" (not sure I got the right number of zeros). The titlebar just said "Error". Of course I got sick immediately, almost called to work and took 14 days off, than I calm myself since that's the only good way to solve problems, restarted the machine and the error was gone. FSX started up normally. Anybody got this error before? What's it about? 34 is grater than 0. :(
wow. You have been sent a cryptic message which you must solve. It has obviously chosen you and you alone to carry this burden :-)

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Possibly a problem in an effects file.Effects files can have two parameters for each variable and FSX will randomly generate a number between the two parameters. But, the first parameter must be less than the second parameter otherwise you will get an error message.If an effects file has 34,0 as the parameters for a variable then this may generate the error you describe as the first number (34) is greater than the second number (0) which won't work in effects files.

www.antsairplanes.com

Interesting. Good to know, thanks! Good thing it's gone and I hope I won't see it again... I hate those errors out of the blue.BTW, I'm really enjoying the Drifter! And now I got myself Australia SP4... big place to explore!

wow. You have been sent a cryptic message which you must solve. It has obviously chosen you and you alone to carry this burden :-)
:biggrin:Nothing about FSX can surprise me anymore... Now, back to deciphering.... 34 grater than 0... but 35 is also... not to mention 36.. oh, man, why me?

That error message is almost worse than "PC Load Letter" :(

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

:biggrin:Nothing about FSX can surprise me anymore... Now, back to deciphering.... 34 grater than 0... but 35 is also... not to mention 36.. oh, man, why me?
Well at least its not telling you that 34 is less than 0 because that would be a lie.biggrin.gif My fsx goes through mood swings, it will run solid for a few months but then it will become really unstable. I was thinking of getting sp4 aswell, I noticed at the orbx site they already have a patch for it. did you see this yet? Also don't forget to run the orbx libraries after installing their scenery.

Did you run all the latest updates from orbx website?Did you install the orbx library after the updates?

That error message is almost worse than "PC Load Letter" :(
"Paper Carrier, Load Letter"Load the letter-sized paper carrier... it's empty!

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

:( :(

Just did a quick test on this and can confirm that it is probably an effects file.In the attached picture I have edited an effects file so that one of the variables has it's parameters as 34,0 (which is not how FSX likes them, the first number must be less than or equal to the second). You can see the line in the notepad window directly above the error message (X Emitter Velocity=34.00,0.00).And that brings us to the error message which looks a lot like Tomaz's description.It's a pity FSX doens't tell us which fx file has the problem so if anyone runs into this they would have to search through all their fx files (or at least the ones installed latest) for the problem.

www.antsairplanes.com

That's exactly it! As I said before, a restart of the computer solved the problem for me, so luckily the error was appearing just until I restarted. But you can imagine my shock. Even more because the error box didn't say anything about the error itself, just, on the first look, a cryptic message.Every day you can learn something new.

anthony31 good debugging :) :( You probably already know this - but…...the FSX Effects Tool (in the SDK) won’t allow min/max values to be reversed like this.The tool has an auto-correct that takes care of it…as far as I’ve seen.This effect may have been edited in notepad.Finding the offending effect isn’t that difficult with a tool like EditPlus.Or with any other tool that can search a folder for a text string. (winGrep(?))Something like search “/Effects” ; “*.fx”; for “34” would identify it.It’s safe to say the error will show up again.But who knows, the effect may be seldom used or show up only with certain display settings.A likely reason the slip-up was overlooked in the first place. :( Before we blame FSX…this is almost certainly a custom effect - not a default.