Sign in to follow this  
Guest B52Drivr

SquawkBox and XP guru's out there

Guest B52Drivr

Hello All,Ok, have SB working, and load everything, flying on line . . . next time I go to load SB, same routine, cept I get the dreaded MS error, send message.Nothing seems to help except to delete SB, reinstall, reboot and then I can get back on line with SB.It has to be a SB and XP problem . . . anyone else experienced this?Really need help as deleting and reinstalling is getting old.Best to allClay

Guest B52Drivr

Come on guys, I really need some help on this, it's most frustrating and now its to the point deleting SB and reinstalling doesn't even work.I KNOW someone out there has the answer to this! Maybe? Best to allClay

Hi Clay, If your running FS9 then you will need SB Relay (v2.1) which can be obtained from the Vatsim site under downloads. There is a tutorial there to guide you through the use of FS2004 and SB Relay. You can't fly on Vatsim without it. I run SBRelay after I start up FS9 and have encountered no problems using it. regards,Tom

i913900KF (5.8GHz) | Case: Fractal PopAir RGB I MSI Z790-VC | MSI Gaming RTX 4070Ti Super 16GB | Kingston Fury Beast 32GB DDR5 | SOLIDIGM P41 Plus 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD | Samsung SSD 870 EVO 2TB | Thermalright Frozen Notte 240 MM Liquid Cooling | Samsung 41" Monitor 1920 x 1080 60Hz | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Logitech G Pro pedals | Tobii EyeTracker

Guest B52Drivr

Tom,I have SB Relay. Progression of starting is:Start my internet provider.Start FS9, load airport, on ramp.Start FSRelayPull down multiplayer, joinStart SBHost from modules pulldownStart SB. click all necessary SB items for join, search, ok, and such.BEFORE i GET TO THE SB SCREEN, I AM GETTING THE MS ERROR MESSAGE.Also my Mcafee virus protection is turned off, and all ie settings are on low . . . its driving me nuts.Clay

Guest CraigG

You could try disabling your XP firewall temporarily to see if that makes a difference....Regards,Craig

Guest B52Drivr

Craig,OK, good question, I'm gonna play stupid here, cause I don't know how to do that, a little help would be good. .Seriously, I searched for the firewall earlier and didn't come up with anything, give me a clue as to where to go.Thanks,Clay

Got to your control panel -> network conenctions -> right click on your connection -> choose properties -> I think it is the third tab on the top to go to the firewall, disable it. I do not think this is the problem though.Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

Guest CraigG

Yeah as Shez said this may not be the problem, but a simple thing to try. I had a problem with the default firewall when trying to find the multiplayer games, but that is a different issue.When you say MS error, what exactly does it say?The only other thing I can think of is to do with fsuipc..Is your version registered and if it isn't have you installed the required squawkbox key into fsuipc?Craig

When you load SB, make sure FS is running in a window, NOT full screen. If you alt-TAB out of FS to run SB it crashes because for some reason it can't load into HostSB unless the FS window is up and visible...Ryan

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest Shayt

Clay,I had the very same problem which was solved as follow:1. Don't use the SBHost from the modules pulldown but instead, open thw Host SB from the SB folder.2. start SB BUT make sure that the SB window will be within the Host SB window. Dont ask why but every time the SB window was outside of the host window I've got an error message.Good luck,Shay

Guest daveg4otu

Also try starting SB Relay first ,then FS9.Dave

Guest B52Drivr

Hello All,OK guys, I will try the above today, as I am off work this date.In addition, I cked the firewall, and I hadn't activated it, so it wasn't on. Hope all this new info works, and thanks everyone for trying to help.Best,Clay

Guest B52Drivr

Hello All,I wish to thank all who tried to help . . .putting sb host into sb relay and using host from sb not the pulldown has done the trick.I know someone in this group had figured it out, we all are a bunch of pretty smart cookies when it comes to solving a problem in FS.Again, thanks so much . . . I would have never thought of that.Best to all,Clay