Sign in to follow this  
xender

PMDG Bugzilla?

Hi Team!Maybe this is a bit geek but i was thinking... Can you give us access to your bug tracking system? (Maybe bugzilla?) If we have access, we can track the beta bug squashing process, and see the progress. After the product is released, we can use such system to post our bug reports and see bug reports from other users too.I find it very interesting. Maybe because as a developer and avid linux user, im used to such systems.

Juan Ramos

I just had a flashback to the Bug-O-Meter from those No Compromise guysbiggrin.gif

Hi Team!Maybe this is a bit geek but i was thinking... Can you give us access to your bug tracking system? (Maybe bugzilla?) If we have access, we can track the beta bug squashing process, and see the progress. After the product is released, we can use such system to post our bug reports and see bug reports from other users too.I find it very interesting. Maybe because as a developer and avid linux user, im used to such systems.

:(

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

Vin I have to agree with you on this. Some things are better kept in house.

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

Aaaaah ha ha ha, good one :-)

After much thinking on NGX, I remembered the name of the movie: Cop OutVery good answer.I'm still laughing.

Best regards

Cristiano Mueller

Had a pretty good laugh from that one

Alexis Mefano

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

I've already seen Vin's answer, but I still think this would be intuitive. When I was the IT guy for a large company, I set up a sharepoint website where employees could report technical issues into the system. I had all sorts of parameters set up so that the system automatically decided the priority. As I was working on the issue, the employee having the problem could get real-time updates by clicking on their issue. For example, it might say: "1/1/10 - New hard drive ordered." Each time that I added an update, it was date and timestamped so the employees could view the progress. It would even give projected resolution dates. The other employees could view the whole list of issues and see where they are in the list. All-in-all, it worked well. I think something similar would still be very neat for the NGX, though obviously it wouldn't have to be this elaborate.

The problem is that any bug tracker is going to be full of proprietary information, including probably code snippets in some cases or details into certain logic. There's probably stuff in there that's under the NDA with Boeing as well, and even just showing the bug titles and not the contents would probably be too revealing. There is absolutely zero chance that they would do this.-stefan

I've already seen Vin's answer, but I still think this would be intuitive. When I was the IT guy for a large company, I set up a sharepoint website where employees could report technical issues into the system. I had all sorts of parameters set up so that the system automatically decided the priority. As I was working on the issue, the employee having the problem could get real-time updates by clicking on their issue. For example, it might say: "1/1/10 - New hard drive ordered." Each time that I added an update, it was date and timestamped so the employees could view the progress. It would even give projected resolution dates. The other employees could view the whole list of issues and see where they are in the list. All-in-all, it worked well. I think something similar would still be very neat for the NGX, though obviously it wouldn't have to be this elaborate.
that is a ticket system we use in our company as well. so this might apply to the pmdg service system but not for bugs, especially not before release of a product. I understand that this is kept internally. whereas I agree that the status update for tickets can make sense - except that I only once opened a ticket with pmdg for an js41 issue what was fixed right away, so I did not even have the time to check whether and where I can get a status update.

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Guest dlrk

It actually would be really nice for paying customers to be allowed access to this. Given that the vast majority of flightsim products(with the notable exception of PMDG's) have known bugs that the devs refuse to fix, allowing access to a Bugzilla would be cool for those who have paid. Of course, PMDG's already are usually bug free, and I wouldn't characterize this as a reasonable request personally.

Jira FTW!