Sign in to follow this  
xender

PMDG Bugzilla?

I can see it now. "Why isn't bug XYZ fixed yet? When is it going to be fixed? Why are there so many bugs? Why isn't my bug listed? Why isn't bug XYZ given priority? Why is no progress being made? Why don't they tell me the status of bug XYZ?! I am a paying customer, I DESERVE to have my bug fixed first or I'm gonna jump!!" And so on :(

Tony

It actually would be really nice for paying customers to be allowed access to this. Given that the vast majority of flightsim products(with the notable exception of PMDG's) have known bugs that the devs refuse to fix, allowing access to a Bugzilla would be cool for those who have paid. Of course, PMDG's already are usually bug free, and I wouldn't characterize this as a reasonable request personally.
except that you are not a paying customer (yet) of the ngx. and once you are there will be for sure so little bugs left that some bugzilla tool would make no sense. I am confident that pmdg will - as they did in the past - acknowledge bugs, collect them and then at a later point in time release an sp. nothing really to track for endusers like you and me just my 2c

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

I can see it now. "Why isn't bug XYZ fixed yet? When is it going to be fixed? Why are there so many bugs? Why isn't my bug listed? Why isn't bug XYZ given priority? Why is no progress being made? Why don't they tell me the status of bug XYZ?! I am a paying customer, I DESERVE to have my bug fixed first or I'm gonna jump!!" And so on :(
Yep. Unfortunately, that's probably the way it would go. *sigh* Why do we have to have those kind of people, they seem to cause a lot of inconvenience to the decent people.

Guest dlrk
except that you are not a paying customer (yet) of the ngx. and once you are there will be for sure so little bugs left that some bugzilla tool would make no sense. I am confident that pmdg will - as they did in the past - acknowledge bugs, collect them and then at a later point in time release an sp. nothing really to track for endusers like you and me just my 2c
Yup, so as I said, not a great idea for PMDG, but I wouldn't mind seeing a couple other companies forced to use it.

I've already seen Vin's answer, but I still think this would be intuitive. When I was the IT guy for a large company, I set up a sharepoint website where employees could report technical issues into the system. I had all sorts of parameters set up so that the system automatically decided the priority. As I was working on the issue, the employee having the problem could get real-time updates by clicking on their issue. For example, it might say: "1/1/10 - New hard drive ordered." Each time that I added an update, it was date and timestamped so the employees could view the progress. It would even give projected resolution dates. The other employees could view the whole list of issues and see where they are in the list. All-in-all, it worked well. I think something similar would still be very neat for the NGX, though obviously it wouldn't have to be this elaborate.
My experiance on both sides of bug tracking software has been a little less positive. As you say, it was 'nice' for the employee/customer doing the complaining, but it did not solve one single problem by existing, and the amount of time spent maintaining and updating the public side of the bug tracking system was time spent not solving problems. I far preferred the letter box approach; Describe your problem in a way we could find, understand and reproduce it and stick it in a letter box. If we needed to contact you, we would, and if you were talking sh1te, we could just ignore you. There was no need to keep 'touchy-feely' support people and hard core nerds and geeks tend to be better problem solvers when kept away from innocent bystanders.

:(
:( Understood... Top Secret stuff. I will hold my request to get SVN access :(

Juan Ramos

:(
:( thank you Vic, I'm gonna keep a reference to this one tosend to our marketing team when they ask me for a new driver feature :(

Jack F. Vogel, Delta Virtual Airlines

Absolutely no way will this be happening... sorry.Our system that allows me to input reports from the forum for Service Pack development after release - we are not going to be opening this up to anyone and everyone submitting bugs though. Especially with this product where quite a few things that have been simulated incorrectly forever are now right and will probably get called bugs at first until people get used to it.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Good point Ryan. You'd probably be flooded with people whining about how something is wrong, when theyre simply not doing it right.

Absolutely no way will this be happening... sorry.Our system that allows me to input reports from the forum for Service Pack development after release - we are not going to be opening this up to anyone and everyone submitting bugs though. Especially with this product where quite a few things that have been simulated incorrectly forever are now right and will probably get called bugs at first until people get used to it.
Give us a taste please Ryan, what's one thing we've become accustomed to doing wrong that we'll have to relearn?

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

Give us a taste please Ryan, what's one thing we've become accustomed to doing wrong that we'll have to relearn?
One thing I bet will make people scratch their heads at first is that LNAV actually activates and becomes the green/active mode on the FMA if you push it on the ground before takeoff (most of the AP modes will actually), there's no white armed mode + engage at 400 feet stuff, no idea where we originally got that from lol.Anyone flying in a warm part of the country (like Phoenix in July!) is going to see some warnings that they may think are bugs - we've modeled the effects of the outside air temperature on the plane's systems... actual SWA pilots deal with this all the time in PHX and LAS.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Tabs or Robert,On a serious note though. If I may suggest, PMDG may have to create a MOCC (Maintenance Operational Control Center) to deal with some of the "what may appear as abnormalities" for pilots who are going to experience what they may think is a potential problem. it is a pity that it could not be a live system as we do it in the real world, where a problem is trouble shot via ACARS or SATCOM rather than having the crew return to the field un-necessarily. Some of this may have already been thought of in-house, but an interactive MOCC module could be modeled where pilots are able to get some assistance trouble shooting issues while in flight.Another REALISM kicker!!!!!Simeon

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

I just had a flashback to the Bug-O-Meter from those No Compromise guysbiggrin.gif
DITTO