Sign in to follow this  
Lynxboy

MAY SALE: FS Dream Team & Cloud 9

Yup, received the email too. great news! Pity I already have what I want. Been looking at FLL, but to be honest, I'd rather fly in and out of MIA. And since FLL is so close to MIA, I'm not sure what to do...

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

I just got it too! I'm ready to buy KLAX at regular price. Where's the link? :(

Yup, received the email too. great news! Pity I already have what I want. Been looking at FLL, but to be honest, I'd rather fly in and out of MIA. And since FLL is so close to MIA, I'm not sure what to do...
KFLL is a special place. Go get it! It's a beautiful airport. My only complaint about these wonderful airports is the few second pause I have to deal with when approaching the airports.I hope that something is done to eliminate that pause.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I must admit I've been hankering for some of the other FSDT airports and knew if I waited long enough, a sale might occur. This is my lucky day :)My last acquisition was by Fly Tampa, Tampa Intl reworked but that slows FSX down unbelievably.Adam

Definitely some good bargains. I've been wanting KDFW for the longest time. Now I really have no excuse not to purchase. Guess it's time to drain my little Paypal account, ha! Anybody have the older Cloud9 Orlando X? How is it? At 13 bucks may have to dip for that one too as I am flying there in a few weeks on business. Might as well recreate the flight.Clutch

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Hey,I've just received an email notification to say FSDT and Cloud 9 are having a sale during May.30% off FSDT and 40% off Cloud 9.Sale ends May 19th.See http://www.fsdreamte...hp?topic=4298.0 for more details.Adam
Thanks for the heads-up. Anyone using the Cloud 9 XClass landclass? I'm wondering also, what programs are comparable to this? Is it a competitor of UTX or FS Genesis? Sounds like a UTX competitor from what I've read.

I have everything by them for FSX except the Hawiian packages which are just an area that I am not interested in, otherwise I would take advantage of the sale.

Definitely some good bargains. I've been wanting KDFW for the longest time. Now I really have no excuse not to purchase. Guess it's time to drain my little Paypal account, ha! Anybody have the older Cloud9 Orlando X? How is it? At 13 bucks may have to dip for that one too as I am flying there in a few weeks on business. Might as well recreate the flight.Clutch
I own the KMCO airport. It's nice but it doesn't have custom ground textures for the apron, taxiways, or runways, so it displays whatever REX or stock tectures you have chosen for those elements. It does have a photoreal background for the interior and outside edge/surrounding of the airport however. In my opinion its much better than the default KMCO or an ADE enhanced version and better than the BluePrint version as well. If you like to fly in Florida a lot I would recommend it to go along with KFLL and FlyTampa's KTPA.You could always download it and try the 5 minute free trial and decide for yourself if you want to see it "live". If you dont like it you can uninstall it from the Windows Add/Remove Programs control panel.Personally, I would love to see them remake it to their current standards, but like I said, if you want a much better version than what default or BluePrint offers, give it a shot.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Thanks for the heads-up. Anyone using the Cloud 9 XClass landclass? I'm wondering also, what programs are comparable to this? Is it a competitor of UTX or FS Genesis? Sounds like a UTX competitor from what I've read.
I bought it - currently not installed. In most areas, it seemed to compliment UTX. But in a few areas the landclass was poorly represented. For example my home airport of duluth has a small industrial park to the south of the runway. In FSX, this this landclass installed there's large buildings (as in tall) - all the buildings are small in real life, maybe no more than two story.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I think you're far better of with SceneryTech's landclass. Relatively cheap, and the coverage is really big.Bought KFLL. Not yet installed, but I guess I simply succumbed to the lower price (to say it's a low price would be an overstatement. The OrbX prices at the moment could be considered low)

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Picked up DFW myself, between this, Megascenery Dallas, and Blueprint KDAL(which is not that bad) Dallas is at maximal FS detail :(

Picked up DFW myself, between this, Megascenery Dallas, and Blueprint KDAL(which is not that bad) Dallas is at maximal FS detail :(
Your running the same set up as I am for the Dallas area as well.If you like to fly any g/a in the area you should download the excellent 52F here in the library. Its a great little airport northwest of DFW and is payware quality.Here's the file name: mm_52foxtrot_v1_1.zip

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

My only complaint about these wonderful airports is the few second pause I have to deal with when approaching the airports.I hope that something is done to eliminate that pause.
I think that ******* mentioned this as being driven by the use of transparency AA at those airports. You could, for testing purposes, try a run without transparency AA to find out if this feature causes the pauses there.******* posted a video, showing this pause when TAA is enabled. See here. http://forum.avsim.n...ost__p__1887728And thanks for the HU about the sales action.

I appreciate the discounts as the current Euro - Dollar exchange rate (around 150%) is dramatically reducing the attractiveness of many add-ons. I plan to buy O'Hare this evening. Bob