Sign in to follow this  
iKey

Wingflex

Dear PMDG Team,this topic might be what you guys call junk, but i just couldn't resist, please forgive me :PMy question is more about the Wingflex on the ground.. When you see a 737 taxiing, you will notice the wings moving, is this going to be possible / are you guys going to implement this?Thanks in advance!iKey

Dear PMDG Team,this topic might be what you guys call junk, but i just couldn't resist, please forgive me :PMy question is more about the Wingflex on the ground.. When you see a 737 taxiing, you will notice the wings moving, is this going to be possible / are you guys going to implement this?Thanks in advance!iKey
Yes... when the PMDG 737NGX taxis, you will notice some bouncing and flexing of the wings!

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

Yes... when the PMDG 737NGX taxis, you will notice some bouncing and flexing of the wings!
That sounds great! Thank you very much!Can't wait to taxi the 738 on the runway :(

Details like this set PMDG apart from others

Thank you guys for answering these questions for us. We truly ARE past the cone of silence. Before we wouldn't have received an answer from PMDG, and this thread would be 3 pages of speculation. Thanks so much for taking the time to indulge us!! It goes a long way!

thats some ######ing gooooooooooooooooood news! yeah!

Indeed the cone of silence is well behind now hehe. Looking forward to a bright and happy future with a 737 =)

Indeed the cone of silence is well behind now hehe. Looking forward to a bright and happy future with a 737 =)
Amen. =D

What Vin said... The flex is indeed modeled, I took great lengths to make it look exactly like the real thing in terms of animation. Dr. EV did the back end coding that takes into account the variables in FSX, taxi speed, takeoff landing speeds as well as turbulence etc.What you see on the actual aircraft, we have it on the NGX :-) Cheers,

Jason Brown - Exterior Model Engineer,

http://www.precisionmanuals.com
Posted Image

Specs: MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | Intel i7 4970K OC @ 4.6GHz | Gigabyte GTX970 G1 4GB | 16GB (2X8GB) G.Skill Trident | Corsair Air 540 White Case | Corsair AX750 750W PSU | 27" Samsung SyncMaster 275T+ | 27" Samsung S27D850 | 13" Wacom Cintiq | Windows 10 Professional x64

What Vin said... The flex is indeed modeled, I took great lengths to make it look exactly like the real thing in terms of animation. Dr. EV did the back end coding that takes into account the variables in FSX, taxi speed, takeoff landing speeds as well as turbulence etc.What you see on the actual aircraft, we have it on the NGX :-) Cheers,
Very cool Jason, I love how the wing flexes in turbulence and especially on the ground, if it is convincing (with by what you just said, I bet it will be VERY convincing) it is just something else that brings the airplane to life!

Best regards, happy flying,

Wallace

What Vin said... The flex is indeed modeled, I took great lengths to make it look exactly like the real thing in terms of animation. Dr. EV did the back end coding that takes into account the variables in FSX, taxi speed, takeoff landing speeds as well as turbulence etc.What you see on the actual aircraft, we have it on the NGX :-)
I truely hope so, Jason. IMHO we're way more in the "feeling" than in the "numbers" chapter here, which is probably a lot harder to get right. Especially the animations involved here might be very hard to do in order to look convincing. It adds a whole lot to the immersion though (plus I don't know if it has been done before add-on wise), and I believe everyone knows how it looks when the wing tips move onve the plane slowly starts to move during push back and after start up. I would so much love to also hear the low-freq thumps when you taxi over adjacent concrete panels or taxiway or runway lights. But that might sound a little much for FS, at least FSX... :( Anyways, thanks for the update and I'm excited haha.sig.gif

That sounds good and challnge me to make a bounce landing to see the effects!!!!Bounce bounce bounce landing

I think this was brought up before, but while taxing and takeoff I know that sometimes there will be a thud noise due to how the cement is laid depending on what airport your at, is this modeled as well?Thanks,Mike Davey 777

Amazing the amount of things people want modeled for a low cost addon compared to the real thing :(