Sign in to follow this  
Superpilotv2

FSX won´t start!

Hi folks, on Monday I reinstalled FSX after upgrading to the mew system. It went fine and I got very good results with FSXMark11. Yesterday I reinstalled parts of my FSX planes and sceneries (CS 757, FTX PNW and all OzX things and both Dukes) Now I can´t launch FSX anymore. I get the splash screen ans sometimes I get the GUI, but then a message from windows pops up that says that had been a serious error and therfore FSX has to be closed. I also installed (and recently unistalled) the Shader mod 3, but no avail. Does someone know what to do?

The first thing to try is to rebuild a fresh fsx.cfg. If that doesnt work, start uninstalling each addon one at a time until you find the culprit

Jay

Hi,Don't batch install all your add-ons in the future. Install one at a time and then test FS between each install.

Rebuilding the FSX.CFG brought me back into the GUI but when I tried to get to the Free Flight menu, I saw that the trike in the preview screen didn´t turn ant shortly after I accessed the menu, FSX crashed with the same error as above. I´m going to uninstall every addon one by one.

Hey Steffen,I had this only the week before last after having repeated crashes within FSX whilst flying. After a while it wouldn't start at all. I just did a repair on Acceleration from within Programs and Features (W7 here, if you're XP it's add and remove) and it worked. Same thing can be achieved by sticking the Acceleration DVD in the drive and running the setupWorked for me...Hope this helps!jake

JAKE EYRE
It's a small step from the sublime to the ridiculous...Napoleon Bonaparte
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg

Hey Steffen,I had this only the week before last after having repeated crashes within FSX whilst flying. After a while it wouldn't start at all. I just did a repair on Acceleration from within Programs and Features (W7 here, if you're XP it's add and remove) and it worked. Same thing can be achieved by sticking the Acceleration DVD in the drive and running the setupWorked for me...Hope this helps!jake
Thanks for that tip. My problem is that I don´t have acceleration , only the professional edition. So do I have to reinstall both service packs again?

Tried the repair tool and reinstalled both service pack, but it didn´t help either. I can get into the programm with no problem and set it up correctly but if I try to access the free flight or the missions menu FSX crashes and reloads.Btw. FTX is turned off via the FTX central so it doesn´t interfer with FSX. I also tried to install the newest DX components, bud it didn´t work.

If I were you I would do the following.1. Uninstall all of your addons one at time2. Uninstall FSX and the service packs3. Clean the registry4. Set your overclock back to the stock settings5. Reinstall FSX following NickN's guide to the "T"6. Reinstall each addon one at a time, including going into FSX after each addon install and testing. 7. Provided all goes well, turn your overclock back on. Some of the problems could be due to your overclock as has happened to some people in the past. You will know when you return to your overclocked settings if all of the sudden you start having FSX issues again.When I did my original FSX install, I would boot FSX after each addon install and test to make sure the addon and FSX worked properly. The I would exit FSX and even went as far as rebooting the rig before installing the next addon. I'm not sure a reboot is necessary after installing each addon, but I would at least test FSX after each addon you install to make sure its still functioning propertly. It will make it a lot easier to track down problems.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Also, make sure to turn your antivirus off during the install of FSX. Honestly, the problems you're describing sound like something corrupt in FSX itself, rather than an issue with an add-on. Were it me, I'd uninstall everything and start again and, as others have mentioned, take an incremental approach to changes.

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Guest firehawk44
Thanks for that tip. My problem is that I don´t have acceleration , only the professional edition. So do I have to reinstall both service packs again?
Professional edition. Many addons require the Deluxe version and/or Acceleration. That could be the problem.Best regards,Jim

Professional edition. Many addons require the Deluxe version and/or Acceleration. That could be the problem.Best regards,Jim
Well, Jim, I don´t thing that this has something to do with the different version. I had it running before for over one year on my old system with zero problem and even had it successfully running before I installed the addons.Maybe the Professional Edition is the german version of the Deulxe edition cause I have the SDK on the CD. And the SDK is only sold with the Deluxe edition.

If I were you I would do the following.1. Uninstall all of your addons one at time2. Uninstall FSX and the service packs3. Clean the registry4. Set your overclock back to the stock settings5. Reinstall FSX following NickN's guide to the "T"6. Reinstall each addon one at a time, including going into FSX after each addon install and testing. 7. Provided all goes well, turn your overclock back on. Some of the problems could be due to your overclock as has happened to some people in the past. You will know when you return to your overclocked settings if all of the sudden you start having FSX issues again.When I did my original FSX install, I would boot FSX after each addon install and test to make sure the addon and FSX worked properly. The I would exit FSX and even went as far as rebooting the rig before installing the next addon. I'm not sure a reboot is necessary after installing each addon, but I would at least test FSX after each addon you install to make sure its still functioning propertly. It will make it a lot easier to track down problems.
I deinstalled every addon but it refuses to work. So I´ll gonna start from scratch. Could you please supply the link to the guide, I don´t find it anymore. About the oc: I can´t think that my oc has anything to do with it, but unless my setting are stored in the BIOS, it´s not that difficult to revert back.

have you tried the Uiautomation.dll replacement?Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

have you tried the Uiautomation.dll replacement?Vic
I placed the Vista version in the FSX folder but it didn´t change anything.

Hi,I had this happen to me once a very long time ago. After countless hours of trying to track down the culprit, it turned out to be a vendors software protection scheme. I had to reinstall FSX and all of my addons with the exception of the offending software, I can't for the life of me remember the vendor.This was after I was "forced" to clean my system registry because the uninstall program left remnants. Sloppy work on the part of the vendor.Not sure if this is your problem, just a thought.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck