Sign in to follow this  
Superpilotv2

FSX won´t start!

Also check your dll.xml and exe.xml files because some addons add entries there and not all play nice when installing them in a batch like that.

I deinstalled every addon but it refuses to work. So I´ll gonna start from scratch. Could you please supply the link to the guide, I don´t find it anymore. About the oc: I can´t think that my oc has anything to do with it, but unless my setting are stored in the BIOS, it´s not that difficult to revert back.
Here's the link to the setup guide.http://www.simforums.com/forums/setting-up-fsx-and-how-to-tune-it_topic29041.htmlThe reason I mentioned that you should revert to your normal/stock clock settings is to be sure that there is no instability with your overclock causing your issues. Not long ago a few users here report not the same issue as your having, but some issues none the less with FSX instabilities and they were solved by backing off their overclocks.If it was me personally, I would have installed your OS then FSX and all your addons first while at stock CPU settings, rather than installing your OS then overclocking, then installing FSX. Make sure to test FSX along the way after you start installing your addons that way if you have a problem you will be able to pin it down a lot easier.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Here's the link to the setup guide.http://www.simforums...topic29041.htmlThe reason I mentioned that you should revert to your normal/stock clock settings is to be sure that there is no instability with your overclock causing your issues. Not long ago a few users here report not the same issue as your having, but some issues none the less with FSX instabilities and they were solved by backing off their overclocks.If it was me personally, I would have installed your OS then FSX and all your addons first while at stock CPU settings, rather than installing your OS then overclocking, then installing FSX. Make sure to test FSX along the way after you start installing your addons that way if you have a problem you will be able to pin it down a lot easier.
Thanks mate. I have recently reinstalled FSX and service pack one as prescribed in the guide. So far everything works normal and I could fly a bit. I didn´t reinstall my OS when I upgraded to my current components. Is this a problem?

I didn´t reinstall my OS when I upgraded to my current components. Is this a problem?
Probably not, but I wouldn't have done it that way.Personally, if I was going to do a major upgrade like you did, which was to basically build a new system, I would have started from scratch since I like to leave nothing to chance, but that's just the way I am. Anytime I have ever tried taking a short cut its ended up costing me in the end so I always start as fresh as possible, especially when it comes to FSX or computer stuff in general.Anwyay, glad to hear that your progressing and that its working.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

SP 2 is installed and trike is turning and no crash. So I´m as far I had been before. But I had not luck activating my copy till now, so as said in another thread this maybe impiles another reinstall. Oh man, how I hate this poorly programmed game but it´s the only one we have! I hope MS Flight will he here soon.