Sign in to follow this  
Carenado

Commander 114 for FSX OUT!

Commander 114 for FSXCLICK HERE for the product page.1.jpgFeatures:3D gaugesCustomizable panel for controlling windows transparency and static elements such as wheel chocks, pitot cover and sights props.Original HQ digital stereo sounds recorded directly from the real aircraft.Garmin 295 GPSCentury III autopilot flight systemPop up Commander 114 manual with normal, emergency checklist and performance tablesTested by real Commander 114 pilotsRealistic night lights effect on virtual cockpitFSX features: external dynamic shadows, internal dynamic shadows on VC, volumetric normal mapping, specular mapping and bloom lightsPolygon optimized modelFriendly FPSInteractive virtual cockpitFull moving parts: Ailerons, elevators, rudders, flaps, rolling wheels and trim tabAnimated sections such as: propeller, doors, windows, sun and visorsLights: Navigation lights, landing and taxi lights.3D modeled pilots, cockpit area and passenger cabin area.Separate switches for instruments lights and cabin light.Toggle yoke.Real behavior compared to the real airplane.Real weight and balance. Included in the package:5 paint schemes1 Blank texture2 models (one pilot and two pilots)Normal and Emergency Procedures PDFPerformance tables PDFQuick reference table PDFCentury III Autopilot Manual PDFOperations Tips PDFVC Diagram PDFRecommended Settings PDFTechnical Requirements:Windows XP with SP3 installed, Vista or 7 (32 or 64 bits)Microsoft Flight Simulator FSX with SP1 and SP2 (or Acceleration Pack) installed.Pentium V/2GHz or similar – 2GB RAM – 512MB graphics card.186MB available hard disk space.Carenado

Thanks Carenado, looks nice! Although it doesn't appear to left you choose to use the Reality-XP 530 which is a real show stopper for me!I think I'll pass on this one!Cheers

Very nice but my prop doesn't feather!

The Commander seems to have hit the ground....walking! None of the usual OMGs and WOWs normally associated with a new Carenado release. This is the first one I haven't whipped straight off the shelf. :(

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

I disagree! I bought this aircraft yesterday and it is my new favorite! It's seems as if Carenado upgraded their textures because the Commander 114 has one of the best cockpits yet! Thank you Carenado.biggrin.gif

Hi,I have always liked the commander, in fact it was my first payware way back from FSD but I believe it was the 115. You believe the cockpit textures are clearer than the b58 or the c340? I have always liked carenados photo real cockpits but it is hard to believe they did anything different with the textures unless they used higher resolution textures which I would guess they did not. When you say "best cockpit", can you put a finger on exactly why they look better.RegardsBob

I disagree! I bought this aircraft yesterday and it is my new favorite! It's seems as if Carenado upgraded their textures because the Commander 114 has one of the best cockpits yet! Thank you Carenado.biggrin.gif

What are you disagreeing with? I didn't say it wasn't a nice aircraft, I was commenting on the apparent lack of the usual enthusiasm that greets a new Carenado. :(

I have always enjoyed Carenado's aircraft, however with the recent release of their C340 and Baron folks seem to have become a little disappointed in their flight models, they don't match what other ventors are doing in regards to the FDE, so I think folks are becoming a little gun shy. I hope they can improve on the FDE because the rest of their modeling is great, especially the VC.CheersMartin

I have always enjoyed Carenado's aircraft, however with the recent release of their C340 and Baron folks seem to have become a little disappointed in their flight models, they don't match what other ventors are doing in regards to the FDE, so I think folks are becoming a little gun shy. I hope they can improve on the FDE because the rest of their modeling is great, especially the VC.CheersMartin
Isn't this model the first one whose FDE was created by Bernt Stolle, their new flight dynamics guru? If so, it's probably not fair to lump it in with their other releases.

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

To me this is the best FDE from Carenado yet.

Altough I'm not a real pilot...I agree. At least seems right. :smile:No complaints so far.

Mauricio Brentano

Oh bugger! I guess I'll have to buy it now. :(

Hi,I have always liked the commander, in fact it was my first payware way back from FSD but I believe it was the 115. You believe the cockpit textures are clearer than the b58 or the c340? I have always liked carenados photo real cockpits but it is hard to believe they did anything different with the textures unless they used higher resolution textures which I would guess they did not. When you say "best cockpit", can you put a finger on exactly why they look better.RegardsBob
I think Carenado's B 58 cockpit is more unrealistic looking. Also, I would say it is the best cockpit because the textures look a lot more clear then the others.
What are you disagreeing with? I didn't say it wasn't a nice aircraft, I was commenting on the apparent lack of the usual enthusiasm that greets a new Carenado. :(
I disagree because I would whip this aircraft right off the shelf.

I've just whipped it off the shelf and it's now my new favourite! Frankly there ought to have been more of a fuss over this kite than the V-Tail Bonanza.

Isn't this model the first one whose FDE was created by Bernt Stolle, their new flight dynamics guru? If so, it's probably not fair to lump it in with their other releases.
The post was only intended to offer one explanation of why folks don’t seem to be jumping on the Commander like they have with previous Carenado releases. I think folks have become a little more circumspect and have adopted a wait and see approach. Not having the Commander I can’t comment on the FDE, so I wouldn’t attempt to compare its FDE with the C340 or Baron until I get a chance to test her myself. However, I will wait until more folks post here and on other sites on how well the flight dynamics are modeled. So far they appear to be pretty good :( CheersMartin