Sign in to follow this  

Yay!!! Korean Air to think about ordering a380s! :D

Guest hoonsair

Korean Air is thinking about ordering A380s! I will post the PR if i can find it..

Guest Fortress

Good news hoonsair. Another poke in the eye for Boeing who repeatedly has declared there's no market for them..Cheers,Paul

http://www.strontiumdog.plus.com/Fortress.gifVoted Best Virtual Airline of 2002 and Best CEO of 2002 by participants in the BIG VA Vote organized by FSPILOT.comVANF "Best" New Virtual Airline AwardOfficially licenced by British Airways plc for use of name and logohttp://www.strontiumdog.plus.com/saint_georgex1.gif

*perfectly sees the first crash of an A380, on one of its first flights, if not its test flight*i know beucase of staing that I will be flamed...but that thing...is a death trap, like those beetle cars..

Guest Fortress

Oh Yea! Oh Yea! Worlds youngest aeronautical engineering expert speaks out. Oh Yea!Paul

http://www.strontiumdog.plus.com/Fortress.gifVoted Best Virtual Airline of 2002 and Best CEO of 2002 by participants in the BIG VA Vote organized by FSPILOT.comVANF "Best" New Virtual Airline AwardOfficially licenced by British Airways plc for use of name and logohttp://www.strontiumdog.plus.com/saint_georgex1.gif

Although I'm a Boeing guy, I think the A380 will turn out OK. The only prob. is the fact that the airlines will cram them full of seats, and it'll be a bit uncomfortable... ;).

I don't know anything about the A380 so I won't comment on how safe it will be but my worst fear is that like you said...they will pack passengers like sardines and that if one does crash the death count will be very high.I guess we will have to wait and see how they turn out.Mike

the A380 seems all well and good on paper, but once you get through the logistics of it, i dunno....

Guest Dominik Mann

Let's not dismember an airplane before it ever took wing, okay? I'm sure there were LOTS of critics citing precisely the same arguments mentioned in this thread when Boeing announced the 747.

Guest hoonsair

You're saying the A380 will not be possible? very sure?What about the Sonic Cruiser and BWB? :-roll95 Orders for A380 already, including major airlines like Lufthansa, Air France, Virgin Atlantic, and Major Freight Carrier FEDEX.

nope, i just said i dunnobesides, none of you are aeronautical engineers either, so how can we judge, i think it will fly

The A380 will fly. It doesn't matter how big an aircraft is. get enough power behind it and anything will fly. I think the worry is the economy of such an aircraft. This aircraft will take 3 hours to turn it around from engine shut down to push back. It requires modifications to some airports in terms of lights along taxiways, runways, etc. I do think large aircraft will have a place in the future, however i agree with boeing in that I don't know if they can sell enough of those planes to make a profit, and as for the airlines/ airports, I don't know if they are going to be able to handle the cost of modifications or maintenance involved with a 500-600 ton aircraft. I think it's important to keep in mind. people said the same things about the 747 when i came out. That it's too big, think about if it crashes, and the airports will have to adjust to such an aircraft. I'm sure things will change just as they did for the 747just my thoughtsmark