Sign in to follow this  
raynuss

FS9 Downloaded Weather

Anyone else having problems with the FS9 downloaded weather? Where I live in central PA, today the weather is overcast with visibility about 10 miles. There is a winter storm front approaching. When I download the weather into FS9, I get clear skies with 50 miles visibility??? I had this problem a few weeks ago but it was working right for the last couple of days. Today, the problem seems to be back.Ray

Thanks for the suggestion, but I tried deleting the temporary internet files and I still get clear skies with 50 miles visibility.Ray

It's been a problem for at least a week. The other day it seemed to work for a while and then it resorted back to partly cloudy..50 miles visiblity. Cleaning out the temp. files hasn't helped. John

Guest Grayfox

Hey I had the same problem but to some extent. I was flying yesterday and there was constant fog and clouds in the sky but ATIS around the airport was reporting no clouds below 20000 and >20 miles visibility.This was not the case it was all foggy, but the moment I reached the airport *POOF* it all unnaturally disappeared and I was no more than like 2 miles from the airport. It's very unlikely that the front was so defined around the airport.I never had this problem until today...when I installed the pushback program from AVISM, though I don't think this had to do anything with it since I really didn't change any weather files.

John,That's exactly the way it's been behaving for me. It was all screwed up for at least a week, then it seemed to work for maybe two days and now it just gives me clear skies all the time. I'm glad someone else can confirm that there is indeed a problem. Ray